IGNORED

MSA dash cvoers

Pomorza

Hello all

My current full dash cover is coming apart due to the sun out here in Arizona. I'm thinking of ordering just the top section of the dashboard (upper half) instead of doing the full one. Has anyone had any experience with the one MSA sells. I know JCWhitney sells them also but those are a bit more on the pricey side (last time I looked it was 120 or something like that).

Thanks all

Jan

P.S

I know I can repair it using the methods described but I sadly have little time to do so

My dash in my 70 is old and cracked and really needs to be totally replaced but I'm going to experiment with something first. I'm going to fill the cracks with sculptie, the heavy modeling clay sold in hobby stores that hardens over time with heat, then cover it with 3m vinyl wrap, either flat black or the black carbon fiber look. My brother in law has been certified by 3m to wrap and he thinks this would work and really look good. When I get started or ever finished, I'll send some pics.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased the full cover from MSA and i think its great. This picture is of the cover not even installed, i just needed someplace to put it without getting damaged and figured on the dash would be a good place so i literally just pushed it on. I went with the full cover so there wouldnt be a line in the middle of the dash and the cover wouldn't be obvious. Also i was in a wrecking yard a few months ago and found a car that had a dash cover installed ages ago. Despite the Z missing a windshield and living in a junk yard for who knows how long you couldnt tell the dash had a cover on it without looking at the edges real hard. The moral of the story is to go with the full cover to avoid the line in the middle of the dash. In your extreme are you should probably get a carpet style dash cover too so protect the next one. how long did your old one last?

post-23586-14150816797087_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kurbycar32