IGNORED

240z colour combinations

LEE240ZPERTH

Can anyone tell me if the 240z colour combinations were common to all countries.

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine has an early rhd car (#99) which is 907 green, all the area's that would not normally be painted as part of a respray are also green which leads him to believe that this id the original colour but this car has a black interior, the only references I can find report green cars as having tan interiors.

The paint code sticker is very worn but could possibly be 901 silver which would explain the black interior, however, the car has just had a bare metal respray and there is no trace of any old silver paint anywhere on the car.

He has just had the car painted green again for the purpose of originality (but I wonder if he should have painted it silver instead)

If anyone know's of green cars produced with black interiors could you let me know.

Thanks

Lee

Hi Lee and George,

I can tell you that different markets got slightly different colour choices and combos.

For the most part they were the same, but there were differences that throw everything out of the window. Most of the data that you will find refers to the USA / North American market cars ( not the same as other markets ).

I can tell you that ( like George's car ) there were a lot of Green cars with Black interiors in the Japanese market - so you can bet a lot of the other RHD market cars were in a similar position.

All the best,

Alan T.

Thanks Alan/George

I think he'll be relieved that he has most likely painted it the right colour.

Did you guy's get to the last classic car show at the NEC last year, I was told that my old 240z was on display at the Datsun z club stand, wish I could have been there to see it in all it's glory.

Thanks again for the info

Regards

Lee

Regretably I couldnt make it. Maybe you went Alan, and if you did maybe Lee is in luck with some photos.

Alan - how is Japan are you still there?? We have over 100 flood warnings over here! My Z is nice, warm and dry in my new garage :D

Gentlemen-

#907 (British Racing) Green was manufactured up until 8/71. My car is a US model 1971 (manufactured 6/71) and is original #907 Green with a black interior. #907 Green and black is definitely an original US model combination.

Green metallic came later with the tan interior although I am not sure when.

It really depends what year the car is.

For my 2 cents, I am always drawn to any car with a rich dark green paint job. Over the last 25 years mainly around the Sydney area I have seen at least ten cars that would most probably have been original 907 Green with black interior. I will add to that loud statement by saying non of these cars was later in build than say late 71 and most were hatch vented. I have come across these dark green dream machines in all types of condition but never seen the paint sticker to confirm the ident ( some where realy bad ouch wrecks). I have never seen one with anything but black interior.

my 2c

Steve :classic:

• 2 years later...

HI Guys,

How many Green/Black combos out there? The Alaska Ebay Z..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4538933664&category=6187 has perked my interest.

This is the 3rd 70 z I know of in the US to claim the black interior was original interior..my question to ya'll, is are there others? There has to be....

I recently purchased VIN# 1222 with 907/black interior, Owner claimed original, but as less then honest mistakes multiplied, I soon discounted his claims.

Now as I've noticed these "anomalies" more frequently, I feel black should be listed as an available interior color for the early green Z...

Not that any purchaser during the first year had any say about color while waiting in the long line.

Interested in all opinions,

david spillman