IGNORED

Interesting Differential.... R190?

240260280z

Great to hear it is working good!

I had to go through my inventory of diffs recently as we finished the re-restoration of the race car in time for the US Vintage Grand Prix at Watkins Glen and needed to put some spares together.

It has been a few years since I sold that diff to you....remind me was't the diff a LSD?

I myself need a 4.44:1. A previous owner of my Z432 had changed out the 71A and r192 for a B box and R200. Works great, but I'd like to return the car to stock by next ZCON (which gives me 12 short months). By a minor miracle I found a proper bell housing, so now I'm seeking the other stuff.

When I saw this craigslist ad I thought my prayers had been answered, but car has an r180 and 280z gearbox.

For a street car the 4:44 would not be an ideal gearset. I would suggest that you look for a 3.9, yes that will be harder to find but more driveable for your Z432.

Ron,

I disagree. The 4.44 ratio was stock equipment on the PGC10, KPGC10 and KPGC110 Skyline GT-Rs, and on the PS30 Fairlady Z432 and PS30-SB Fairlady Z432-R. The S20 engine is very happy to rev.

Alan T.

With Alan on this one - I've driven a stock 432 setup and it works quite well. The setup I have now works fine, too, but it's just not correct for the car. Checking into correct 5-speed ratios - I'm sure Alan knows it of the top of his head, but I'm just learning ;).

Checking into correct 5-speed ratios - I'm sure Alan knows it of the top of his head, but I'm just learning ;).

Nah, I'm too old. Need to get the literature out to be sure.

FS5C71-A trans ratios as used in PS30 Fairlady Z432 were same as the 5-speed equipped 'SR311' & 'SRL311' roadsters, and therefore give you the option of sourcing a 'Roadster' A-type 5-speed in the States and simply swapping the bellhousing for your S20 version:

2.957 / 1.858 / 1.311 / 1.000 / 0.852 ( R 2.922 )

As mentioned before, I have some used FS5C71-As on the shelf, but shipping would be $$$ and they'd need checking / rebuilding anyway. Probably best to leave as a last resort?

Alan T.