IGNORED

Interesting Differential.... R190?

240260280z

4.44 gears were available as a ring and pinion for the R180 from Nissan Comp for years. Very common racing install for the 510 guys here in the US. The R190 4.44 was installed by Nissan in a couple cars in Japan with a two pinion CLSD. It might have also been installed in Australian and European vehicles. Its sometimes referred to as the R192. I had one and spent silly amounts of money replacing one pinion bearing. That bearing is NLA now in the US and Japan. I eventually sold the diff to Ron Carter.

I agree, without a photo impossible to tell if the diff is an R-180 or an R-190. However, I've been told by several early Z racers that the R-190 was a diff that was brought in by Datsun comp for only a few cars so not that many were available. Therefore, I doubt it is an R-190 and more likely an R-180. I would love to know what other Datsun Comp parts are on the car??

Just called the seller:

Nismo R180

E88 head with mild cam

Cannon headers

Nismo sway bars

SU Carbs

Oil rings shot(burns oil/smokes), paint faded, dash cracked, rusted rails, ziebarted so unknown underneath, front damaged from towing and from an accident on the track, carbs and fuel lines need attention.

Hi Mitchell,

With a 510 and a 240Z race car I need several different gearsets depending on the track we run, so yeah I have a collection of LSD's. Because of issues with parts, the R-190's have been pretty reasonable price wise. I am not looking to sell any of them at this time, If I change my mind I will let you know.

Ron

I too have a few of the R-190's (and Ron has one of mine as well ;) I may be willing to part with one.....what ratio is needed?

BTW, $5000 seems a bit high for a car that needs major chassis repair and a has a few "motorsport" parts??

Also...never heard of a Cannon header....thought it might be a cannon intake but the saw the car had SU's so not sure....

Edited by vintagezracer