IGNORED

The great TEXAS Z Car (and foreign Car) rally - 2011

Zedyone_kenobi

WOW. This is depressing and disappointing. I had been focused on this date for the last 2-3 months as it was a milestone I needed to hit on a couple of projects I wanted to finish in time for the rally. I actually completed 2 of them over the Thanksgiving weekend and only had one more (cosmetic) project to complete in order to be ready. Interestingly, my wife had also been looking forward to this especially after I showed her a couple of nice day drives (ranging from 60 - 100 miles) that went through the Texas wine country. They looked like they would be fun roads for a Z drive.

I also checked the expected weather on the NOAA site and the chance for rain ranges from 20% to 40% so I really don't know what it will be like this weekend. You can see it here:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Fredericksburg&state=TX&site=EWX&textField1=30.2705&textField2=-98.8722&e=0

I just spoke with my wife about this and we are still planning to go even if we end up being the only ones that attend. It will be great to get the Z out on an extended drive and we are both looking forward to doing a little exploring in the wine country area.

Assuming our plans stay in tact, I will plan to post some pictures when we return and also provide some feedback on the venue for a potential date in the spring.

Mike.

good for you Mike! I am pretty bummed about the whole thing. I have been working on this for several months. I have had magnets made for an event that never happened. I will reschedule this, as I am determined to do some wine country driving like yourself.

If I were in Austin, I would probably be joining you, but most of us houston guys are coming quite a bit farther. Hell, I am near Kemah, so I am as south of houston as you can get and still be considered in the Houston Area. HAHA. The weather may clear, but then again, it may get worse. It is so hard to ask people to gamble with this far a drive.

I salute you and your wife for making the trip. And I will be making many calls to you for advice on making the spring trip a reality.

Zedy,

No problem on helping out on the spring reschedule. Would be very happy to pitch in. I agree that a drive from Austin is going to be a lot easier than one from Houston and if we need to get back quickly we don't have that far to go. A little rain on the Z won't hurt it, although I prefer sunny weather if I have the choice.

Will keep you all posted on our travels.

Is there anything that I need to do with shirts at this point? I have not ordered ours as of yet.

Mike.