IGNORED

exhaust note thread

robftw

I think i've seen your car driving around... do you go near blasdell / hamburg area alot? i always see a 240z parked near louis on south park

I doubt it's my car. I'm as far away from you in NY as possible. I am all the way on the Southeast side.

Maybe i'll just buy a new header. Does it fit with stock pipe?

Not without modification. You can put in the header but it's not necessary for your application, and probably more work than it's worth to you. Have an exhaust built using 2.5" pipe which will give you the performance bump, and then the sound can be tamed depending on muffler choice. Of course, if you want a quiet exhaust, you're going to have to accept a hit in performance.

My twice pipes are a bit on the loud side, but they didn't make me deaf on a 2 hour road trip (like the previous exhaust would).

Here's a before/after of my exhaust:

Before

Engine: L24/E88, Triple 40DCOE Webers, stock cam

Exhaust system components: stock manifold to 2.5" pipe

Muffler: One straight-through, perforated tube can muffler (not much muffling going on here...)

Video:

Made a better video!

After

Engine: L24/E88, Triple 40DCOE Webers, stock cam

Exhaust system components: Nissan Motorsports header to two separate 2" pipes

Muffler: Two 18" glasspacks in transmission tunnel and two 12" glasspacks at the end, all reversed.

Engine: Rebello 3.0

Exhaust system components: MSA 6 into 1, Ceramic Coated, 2.5 " MSA aluminized pipe from header to muffler

muffler: Borla Stainless 2.5, Dynomax Center Mufller Bullet

Youtube1:

Youtube2: Center muffler addition

Engine: Rebello 3.0

Exhaust system components: MSA 6 into 1, Ceramic Coated, 2.5 " MSA aluminized pipe from header to muffler

muffler: Borla Stainless 2.5, Dynomax Center Mufller Bullet

Youtube1:

Youtube2: Center muffler addition

Brandon, I am in love with your setup, do you mind me asking how much your system cost? I'm thinking of getting a whole new system on my car. it's a mostly stock car, and I want the car to have that nice classic italian sound without the drone and isnt too loud.

Chase

Not without modification. You can put in the header but it's not necessary for your application, and probably more work than it's worth to you. Have an exhaust built using 2.5" pipe which will give you the performance bump, and then the sound can be tamed depending on muffler choice. Of course, if you want a quiet exhaust, you're going to have to accept a hit in performance.

My twice pipes are a bit on the loud side, but they didn't make me deaf on a 2 hour road trip (like the previous exhaust would).

2.5" sounds good, but what muffler i should choose?

2.5" sounds good, but what muffler i should choose?

If you want quiet and low drone, I would put a resonator in the transmission tunnel and something other than a straight-through muffler in the back. A chambered muffler would probably be your quietest choice, depending on construction of the chambers of course. Take a look on youtube for clips, many of them have a description of muffler used.