IGNORED

Spoiler or Air Dam

Hunter260Z

Balance is everything! Whatever you use in front and on the rear hatch should be proportional. Got a big azz wing? Then you better have a very effective front air dam that stops air from entering the engine bay and going under the car.

We ran the MSA III on our 240 race car and we blocked off all air flow and routed cooling air into the radiator via a shroud. The only thing we didn't do was add a rubber apron at the bottom of the dam to seal it off. To do so would have required us to zeus fit the airdam and we never got around to doing it.

The front stayed planted at speeds in excess of 135mph.

Now we're running the car in vintage and a modern airdam is not allowed. That gaping hole is just killing the handling compared to the Type III. I'd love to find an original BSR front "spook" or even a good copy.

Les Canaday lists them on his site.

I too had an original BRE spook in 1976, but it found a speed bump. There were very few import parts stores back then. So he told me that Interpart spook was the next best thing, so I said get me one. My question, How does the two compare, are they the same.

The "spooks" that Les sells are BRE style units and I'm looking for a BSR style front spook. I had one on my 260 but that was 35 yrs ago and I doubt that car still exists.

The BRE style or for that matter any style with open brake duct cooling vents where the vents don't go to the brakes are a waste of downforce. Unless you race a solid face is the way to go.

The "spooks" that Les sells are BRE style units and I'm looking for a BSR style front spook. I had one on my 260 but that was 35 yrs ago and I doubt that car still exists.

The BRE style or for that matter any style with open brake duct cooling vents where the vents don't go to the brakes are a waste of downforce. Unless you race a solid face is the way to go.

My bad. I didn't read your quote closely enough. Have you tried contacting the Connecticut to see if they can pass on a message to Bob Sharp? You never know. He might be aware of where some are squirrelled away.

Unless you race a solid face is the way to go.
Maybe. I can't remember where I saw this, but I recall somewhere seeing that the ducted BRE was better for any car that was not equipped with a matching rear spoiler. Something about the solid spook being so effective that it wasn't balanced and the rear could get light. That was actually one of the many reasons I bought a ducted one. (The main reason being I think they look better when painted, lots of interesting curves.) I have no idea if there is any truth to this proposition or not.