IGNORED

ZCON Roll Call

Diseazd

I departed Clearwater, Florida at about 1:30 AM Wednesday and arrived at the Convention Hotel at about 7:30 AM some 356 miles later.

The Freeways were pretty clear during those hours -and it was a LOT COOLER then as well. Normal cruise was in the 80 mph to 85 mph range {sometimes above that}. My white 72 ran like a clock, very smooth and very stable. All-in-all it was a very enjoyable drive to say the least. On the return leg, I left the hotel at about 2:30AM Saturday morning.. and was home here in Clearwater by 9:00 AM {fog in the Northern part of Florida slowed the return leg}.

The Convention Hotel was great - best shower and beds I've have experienced in a hotel in years. No water savers in the shower heads!! In room WiFi could have been better...

As you can see from the pictures posted by others - lots of beautiful Z's to see and enjoy. Lots of great people to meet and hang out with. A fifteen minute "free" Fairy ride and you were in the heart of old Savannah - with lots of shops, places to eat and drink. Most very reasonable in price as well.

The highlight of this years convention was of course Bob Sharp. Bob held briefings in a conference room beside the Car Show Floor several times. He told us a bit about his history and how he became a Race Driver and Datsun Dealer. Followed by lots of interesting and funny stores about the early days. Bob and his wife were a pure pleasure to be with and I'm sure that everyone really enjoyed meeting and talking with them.

Bob was truly amazed at the number and condition of the Z's present. He fully recognized the time, effort and money needed to restore or build these cars and bring them to the Convention.

Hats off to Will for putting together a wonderful time for all of us, at a really great site.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Congrats on the car Guy. It looked great in person. I wanted to meet both you and steve, I had no idea what steve looked like. I did make you out at the awards dinner but didn't get an opportunity to introduce myself. I did hang out by your car a bit. I love that color!

Cozye......Sorry we didn't meet too......the people were the best part of the show. Steve and Wendy were great. Also, enjoyed talking with Carl and Jim, Mad Mike, Bill Coffey and Rich, Pizzaman, Todd, ezzzzzz (Mark), Jeff Mader and his wife Sue........Carol Sharp actually had better inside stories than Bob. Vinny and Vince and Carl240.....I could go on and on. I finally got to get on the track the last day....did 2 laps. It's the damnedest thing you ever saw. You just leave the hotel....go two blocks through the Golf Club entrance and drive onto the track anytime you want. Wow.....what a great convention.....You did a great job Will!

Edited by Diseazd

Got back from GA last night. I must say the event was great. A beautiful town to sprend a couple of days in. The best part a car show inside in a the convention center. Will, thanks for you and your team for putting on a great event.