IGNORED

Wolf Creek Racing - Mikuni 40's

I have had a few folks interested in how I located the Fuel Railing and Heat Shield.

I sourced these items from OER Corporation:

1. Heat Shield for L6
  2. 3 Barb Fuel Rail for L6
  3. EMS Shipping

My delivered total was approx $170 - all monies were handled through PayPal

I do not think that OER stocks the fuel rail and may depend on availability from their source.

post-14147-14150815270476_thumb.jpg

OER did revise their correct contact - Please use the below email address:

webmaster@tatsumi-company.com

Dear Mitchell

We are sorry for our late reply.

We thank for your kind information. Beautiful car, isn't it!

?How about the condition afterwards?

The OER webshop does not advertise it in particular.

Because I do not know the method to easily publicize widely all over the world.

We thank for your message.

If you can, we would appreciate it if you revise e-mail address to webmaster@tatsumi-company.com instead of my e-mail address yuiko@tatsumi-company.

Because there are too many junk e-mails.

It is difficult to find out an important email from that.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience which it might have caused in your business.

If there is technical question, please contact us without hesitate.

Please take care, and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Best regards,

Yuiko

Edited by Travel'n Man

Thanks for posting all the details regarding jet and air corrector sizes Mitchell! I've got a Rebello 3.1 Stroker that was tuned for autocross so it appears the mixture is set for the top end. As a result, the plugs are very black and sooty. I am going to adjust the jets and air corrector jets once my car is off the rotisserie, so your post is a good starting point.

Tom

• 4 months later...

Mitchell,

Beautiful set-up and congrats. I have set of 40's sitting on a shelf waiting to go on!! I am trying to be patient and doing all my tuning with my SU's, but I truly believe the SU's in stock form do not breathe enough air for a modified air-simple in air-out air physics. Yes SU's can supply plenty of fuel(based on my wideband), but not enough CFM.

I would strongly recommend a wideband for realtime readings instead of reading plugs. It will be much easier for you to tune and you might be suprised how rich or lean you really are.

I am waiting to finish my cold air box before installing mine. I am trying to concentrate on eliminating the fuel rail next to the valve cover and having cold air into these carbs.

Now we need a good in-car video of your car so we can hear them babies sucking air!!

Again-nice job.

• 2 weeks later...

WELL

I used a currency converter to get an idea of what a heat shield would cost. I have a set of OER 47MM that will eventually be installed on Project 3/72. The heat shield cost 5500 yen, approx $70.00. The shipping cost to North America ranges between 9600 yen and 25800 yen. 25800 yen is roughly $331.00. If you use a median shipping price you can expect to pay approx $205.00 for shipping to North America for a heat shield. F#%@&^K

WELL

I used a currency converter to get an idea of what a heat shield would cost. I have a set of OER 47MM that will eventually be installed on Project 3/72. The heat shield cost 5500 yen, approx $70.00. The shipping cost to North America ranges between 9600 yen and 25800 yen. 25800 yen is roughly $331.00. If you use a median shipping price you can expect to pay approx $205.00 for shipping to North America for a heat shield. F#%@&^K

Z Car Customs in Oregon sells them for $145, plus $20 shipping

http://www.zccjdm.com/catalog.php/azcarbum/dt81970/pd1277652/HEAT_SHIELD__DRIP_PAN__WEBER_SOLEX_MIKUNI_

-Mike

WELL

Edward -

Not sure how you came up with your shipping cost, but when I made my purchase of the heat shield along with the fuel rail shipping was $35.00.

Mitchell,

have you noticed any difference in your power braking? I am considering a vacuum log for my Mikunis to connect all the ports to increase vacuum for my booster.

Also, I have been making my heat sheild myself and noticed the accelerator pump linkage has a long throw and I actually had to punch holes in my sheild to allow for travel. Looking at your sheild i am suprised you have enough clearance for full travel of the pump linkages.

post-7622-14150817083354_thumb.jpg