IGNORED

Wolf Creek Racing - Mikuni 40's

Just arrived from Wolf Creek Racing

Todd has done a fantastic job with this new addition to my car. I'm really stoked about getting these on and the car fired up. All soda blasted and ready to set the idle and sync. Pretty close to a plug and play install.

I'll be removing the current mechanical fuel pump and adding an electric one along with a pressure regulator to maintain fuel pressure at 3 +/- .5 PSI along with a heat shield and triple fuel rail.

The jetting setup is:

40mm Mikuni Carbs

32mm Venturis

40 Pump Jets

57.7 Pilot Jets

150 Main Fuel Jets

190 Air Connector Jets

Hometown elevation is 3200 feet

Hope to install over the weekend - stay tuned for further updates.

post-14147-14150814602341_thumb.jpg

post-14147-14150814600915_thumb.jpg

post-14147-1415081460163_thumb.jpg

Rich -

From my understanding talking to Todd at Wolf Racing and Dave at Rebello's they should generate around 40 additional horsepower - my engine output should be close to 270 horsepower with the engine rebuild from last year and the head work from Rebello's. I could have pulled some more horsepower out of it but really no need since my intentions are not to track this car. A different intake manifold would have gotten my closer to 300hp. At some point I will dyno it but just so my plugs are looking good once I get the install done I'm really happy where I am currently. Next years project will be a 5 speed / r200 / upgraded half shafts.

Hopefully to have this finished up over the weekend - it should just take a couple of hours to get everything hooked up and sync'd.

post-14147-14150814606199_thumb.jpg

Edited by Travel'n Man

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully install will be finalized tomorrow evening - stay tuned for pictures............... Ended up using a Lokar Throttle Kit that is really much superior to the current linkage. The intake manifold ended up being pretty short and does not give much room to complete the install due to barely having enough room to bolt the intake on. Removed the current bolts and replace with shortened studs. Fuel pump mounted good - inertia switch with relay - fuel pressure regulator. Pressurized the system this evening and fuel lines leaked using the original Datsun fuel clamps. Moving to EFI clamps and may have to change to standard fuel lines instead of the braided fuel line from Canada.