IGNORED

Hagerty Insurance

sbaker78

Even though my street Z is always garaged, never gets driven in the rain, and accumulates only about 3000 miles per summer, most of the miles I put on it are to and from work. If I don't drive it to work, it rarely gets driven. Per their rules, I don't qualify for Hagerty. :disappoin

My Z is nowhere near as nice as most of your cars, but it is rust-free and has cost me a lot of money to build. I simply don't have the $5000 or so to get it stripped and painted. All of my extra money goes to racing my 260.

Jeff, I'd apply for it be honest with them they still might insure you, they do some modifications in policies. I prefer Hagerty, I also hear good things about JC Taylor.

I think (it was many years ago) I did speak with an agent and he said that driving to work is a no no. The agent was a Z owner and I believe I found him through the old IZCC mailing list. I really should try again. I wouldn't ever try to deceive them, so I would be very honest about my needs. If they say no, I will stick with State Farm and hope I never need to file a claim.

Yes my "grammer" needs to go back to "grammer" school. English was not my first language.

It was unfortunate that I had to file a claim. It was a tough case due to my being under-insured. The claim was made even more difficult by my choice of an expensive restoration shop, rather than a corner bondo shop. Hagerty was a huge help. They kept the car from becoming totaled by haggling with the shop. Make more sense?

Repairs were done to the wrinkled metal by removing it, re-dollying the metal to shape, and then welding it back into place. Then the back half of the car was impeccably paint matched with not only color, but finish texture. I could have taken the check and slapped on bondo, but I am not that kind of guy, and a Z is not that kind of car.

Edited by cygnusx1

Yes my "grammer" needs to go back to "grammer" school. English was not my first language.

It was unfortunate that I had to file a claim. It was a tough case due to my being under-insured. The claim was made even more difficult by my choice of an expensive restoration shop, rather than a corner bondo shop. Hagerty was a huge help. They kept the car from becoming totaled by haggling with the shop. Make more sense?

Hi Dave:

Yes, thanks. English and Spelling were my worst subjects in Grade School, High School and College.:) I still use Eudora as an E-Mail Client because it has the best Spell Checker I've found.

Glad to hear that things worked out for you on the repairs.

Carl B.

I think (it was many years ago) I did speak with an agent and he said that driving to work is a no no. The agent was a Z owner and I believe I found him through the old IZCC mailing list. I really should try again. I wouldn't ever try to deceive them, so I would be very honest about my needs. If they say no, I will stick with State Farm and hope I never need to file a claim.

In your application include information about your work location (pictures), the route you drive and at what time especially if you don't drive during high traffic times.

I use Hagarty. But have never had to USE them yet. Pay a pretty penny - about $1,000 a year tho. Would really have to see their towing operation to recommend them as low ground clearance is key. Nothing but problems w/ Z car w/ AAA.

She has several cars, I believe 4. That being the case, $1K/yr. really isn't bad. I pay more than that for three though through a regular carrier. I had Hagerty when I had my Datsuns but always used AAA for towing and I never had any problem with them. My Z was loweved and had a fairly low slung air dam.

Edited by sblake01

• 1 year later...

I believe Hagerty has changed their policy here in CA in that your car must be parked in a locked garage. A carport does not qualify any longer. My problem is if I did park it in my garage I would never use it as I would have to juggle 4 cars out of the way to be able to get the car to the street :)