IGNORED

Hagerty Insurance

sbaker78

Just wanted give a big Thank You to this forum for pointing me towards Hagerty Insurance.

I learned about Hagerty on here a couple of months ago. My insurance renewal was due this week, and the insurance for my 1978 280Z went from $680/yr to $830/yr, all due to some rate restructuring. I signed up with Hagerty for $143/yr! Same coverage with no deductible, so a nice savings of almost $700/yr for me!

I spoke with the underwriter, they only ask about miles driven when you first sign up, they don't monitor it. I don't put many miles on mine anyways, so no big deal.

Though I mainly read and don't post often, I love this forum, thanks again!

No issues after the claim. As a matter of fact after the claim, I had added a second Z to the policy, while I was restoring it, and the total policy price stayed the same! Since the second car was not being driven yet, it only cost me, for example, about, $30 to insure as a "jackstand car" for agreed of $5000. However, I was now entitled to about $30 multi car discount...so it was free! Even the agent had to call her boss to confirm it. It just didn't sound right, but it was.

See you at Limerock Ted! (no hagerty coverage there)

Edited by cygnusx1

Yes, I had to file a tough claim with them, unfortunately, and they were beyond helpful at every turn.

Somehow "unfortunately" and "they were beyond helpful" seem somewhat a contradiction in the same sentence.

Did you mean "fortunately" or "they were less than helpful"

Seems you stayed with them...

My only claim was handled in a very impressive manor - one reason I recommend them to everyone.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Even though my street Z is always garaged, never gets driven in the rain, and accumulates only about 3000 miles per summer, most of the miles I put on it are to and from work. If I don't drive it to work, it rarely gets driven. Per their rules, I don't qualify for Hagerty. :disappoin

My Z is nowhere near as nice as most of your cars, but it is rust-free and has cost me a lot of money to build. I simply don't have the $5000 or so to get it stripped and painted. All of my extra money goes to racing my 260.

Somehow "unfortunately" and "they were beyond helpful" seem somewhat a contradiction in the same sentence.

My only claim was handled in a very impressive manor - one reason I recommend them to everyone.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Carl, I think it was a simple grammar issue. Move a few words and it makes sense. It was unfortunate that he wrecked his Z and had to file a claim.

Unfortunately, I had to file a tough claim with them and they were beyond helpful at every turn.

FWIW,

Carl B.

I don't know...I read his meaning as 'unfortunately he had to file a claim'...as in:

"Unfortunately I had to file a tough claim with them, but they were beyond helpful at every turn."

EDIT: Aw, Jeff, you beat me to it. I wish we had the 'delete post' capability here like we have on just about every other site I spend time on....(hint, hint)

Edited by sblake01