IGNORED

Period correct wheels

idoxlr8

Does it require that the wheels and tyres remain on the car all the time after it is certified period correct?

IYHO;

If possible, get steel wheels and correct wheel covers per sales brochure from Nissan Canada, get certified and put on what you really want for most driving reserving the others for the concourse show or periodic inspections.

OMG... Cragar Super Sports??? Really? Really... Yup, they made 'em in a 4 lug bolt pattern. In 13 inch diameter for Pintos and Vegas. Bleedin' unreal. Sometimes it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to post and remove all doubt. Cheers, Scott

Growing up in the rust belt, where American muscle cars were the only "sports" cars around at the time, the Cragar Super Sports are just about the only wheels I associate with that era.

I remember the occasional "slot mag", but it seemed the Cragars were the popular wheel around here.

Plenty of nice wheels posted here.

Why create a problem for yourself if there is a concern about this matter?

It should be no problem to prove that the 260Z came out with a Nissan alloy rim - or at least it did in some markets. Why not have it inspected with a genuine item and then put whatever you want on the car afterwards?

Either that or follow Yorgo's suggestion.

Edited by boyblunda

I may know one of the people in ''charge'' of the verification process for collector plates here in B.C. Good luck ! ;)

I've seen older collector plated vehicles that in no way would pass today !

Paint put on with a roller , tinted windows, big stereos ...... I guess unless

there's a reverification necessary to check for compliance , these cars keep

getting grandfathered in .

Today this new ''committee " will check everything and you will fail .

Even if you may have proof of period correct mods , you will fail . :finger: