IGNORED

Rechromed bumpers

kenz240z

I recently had the bumpers for my '71 project rechromed at Denver Bumper. Cost was $275 each and that included welding up the holes for the over riders and rubber strips and also straightening them out. The front bumper had been "bumped" somewhere along the line and was nearly flat across the front. Darn near looked like a rear bumper! Both bumpers turned out pretty nice! :cool:

post-6323-14150813440247_thumb.jpg

post-6323-14150813440983_thumb.jpg

post-6323-14150813441692_thumb.jpg

post-6323-14150813442393_thumb.jpg

I was in Denver a couple months ago and saw this place from the interstate. I'd like to get a set of bumpers redone and wondered if it would be cost justified to ship from Virginia. The local plater, Royal Silver, wants $1000 to chrome a set of clean straight bumpers! Ridiculous! Me thinks a set of Z bumpers and Range Rover bumpers are going to be shipped to Colorado soon.

Not to take anything away from Denver plate as I know a lot of guys have been very pleased with their work. I have found a place up north though that has given me a very good quote and includes shipping. I'm going to try them out. They send you a prepaid UPS label and arrange for pickup at their cost. They quoted me for $225 each bumper and include weld filling holes. I did specify it as daily driver quality and they guarantee the work.

http://www.nu-chrome.com/

I had my front and rear bumper done by Denver bumper last year. I loved the results but I have to say that the back of the bumpers are now rusting badly. :disappoin This surprises me as the backs did not look like bare steel but I guess whatever they put on the back was not good enough to keep rust out. I plan to take them off and POR 15 the backs next weekend.

STEVE91TT

Before using POR15 you need to have that rust blasted off or it will continue it's meal underneath the coating. It is possible to blast the inside without damaging the outside. I had a set of bumpers plated in 2000 and although no one told me either I just new it was a good idea to put something over the inside surface. I just used truck bed liner and 11 years later no rust. But by all means don't just cover the rust get it removed. Good Luck.