IGNORED

Rear lights

Sean Dezart

The "U.S." tail lights for the 240 were Red Turn Signals and Red Brake lights with Clear Reverse.

Here's a pic of the back end of my car:

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2597&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

The "European", or NON-US version, had an amber lens below the brake lights and to the outside of the reverse light. Unfortunately I do not have a picture to show.

2¢

Hello Keith

Just thought we'd check some of the postings here. The prices on some of these OEM items from Nissan are from time to time very high even for us to buy. Just wanted some Zcar folks to know we are out there, and have many of the items they might be looking for. Happy Holidays

Troy Thacker

Too Intense Restoration

http://www.DatsunRestore.com

1011477340001_240eurot.jpg

Hello

We've been reading some of the posting on the 240Z Tail Light issues. We carry both versions in stock. US & Euro style we have them shipping to us all the time. Many have sold to some of the guys that visit this site. I will say they are on the pricey side, but we do have them in stock. We also carry the the Front Euor lens for the 240Z.

Thanks

Too Intense Restoration

Troy, I believe Sean is suffering from a case of "sticker shock".:cross-eye

Sean, the lights are going up in price incrementally with the availability of the lights. It wasn't that long ago you could buy two complete sets for the price of one now....:disappoin

The harder they are to come by, the higher the price is going to go until they are NLA, unfortunately.....

Keith

Yes I agree the price has gone up. But what many don't understand is the price has also gone up for me to purchase them. Right now we pay a bunch per set and they aren't getting any cheaper. I use to be able to get them at a fairly decent price, but those days are gone. My customers that are doing restorations and some are doing they want NEW OEM and they understand the price. I even showed one of my customers a PO where I had (3) sets of each US & Euro spec come in, and he said now I understand why they are soo expensive. And if anyone wants to know what we pay for them to see there is no real mark up, I'm willing to share that.

Thanks

Troy Thacker

Too Intense Restoration

Sadly a lot of the blame is on Nissan itself for the high prices of some of these parts that are becoming either no longer available or just more expensive. If Nissan doesn't place the orders with the suppliers, no one is going to manufacture the replacement parts or the aftermarket is going to have to find their own suppliers. If that happens, the prices are really going to be astronomical as the manufacturers are going to charge huge fees to manufacture parts in small numbers.

Sadly, the Z car market is shrinking due to the fact the cars are harder to come by in useable condition. If the cars had been sold in the hundreds of thousands like some of our domestic cars, the aftermarket would step up and produce the parts as the market would allow them to re-coup their investment in tooling very quickly.

Guess in some ways, we have been our own worst enemies for not buying the parts we are craving so dearly now, in the past when the supplies were available, so that Nissan would see there still is a market for them.:disappoin

It seems odd that some of these parts are still available in Japan, when so many cars were exported to the US and other countries, yet the parts are no longer available in those countries.