IGNORED

[2011] What did you do to/with your S30 today?

Arne

Finished up (99%) of my 4 month long suspension restoration and rear disc brake upgrade. Stripped entire chassis, media blasted all parts. Repainted semi gloss black (should have gone with satin). Installed new KYB struts, Eibach springs and rebushed entire car with energy suspension bushings including spindle pins. Made stencil of mustache bar part number and resprayed part number on mustache bar. Converted rear to 280zx brakes, need to adjust ebrake cables for slack and rebleed brakes and I am all done. I also put in new tie rods and ball joints. I clear coated them in matte clear to retain the cast look and minimize corrosion. I also used hi temp clear on my rear calipers for the same reason. Ready to get some drive time in.

Verified that my fan clutch is toast. Plan to take it off and rebuild it in a couple weeks.

While I was at it, I checked the engine temp vs. the gauge. I found the water temp in the radiator was about 175 F while the gauge reads about 2 needle widths past the center mark.

May try to calibrate the reading adding a in-line resistor.

Went on a coast drive up the Northern California and Southern Oregon coast. Set the Tokico Illuminas at 3 and they were perfect for the trip. Avenue of the Giants is a great drive through the redwoods but even better is the Newton B. Duruy Scenic Parkway on the Praire Creek Redwoods State Park / Redwood National Park. I got some in car gopro video but it doesn't do it justice. Highway 1 is an amazing drive with some very fun roads, going through the week and late in the season helped as the traffic wasn't bad and most people once they saw a bright orange Z belting down the road behind used the turnouts and let me by :)

post-16672-14150816495074_thumb.jpg

Car is filthy now so needs a good bath and vacuum.

Sadly I took the battery out of the car for a long winters nap.:cry: The weather in Pittsburgh this time of year is so unpredictable I don't see any good weekends left. Hopefully I can get her out sometime in late March.

My '78 never came out from under the cover this summer. I spent the year working on and racing the 260. Yesterday, I winterized the race car so the Z season is over for me as well. I'ts always sad to put the toys away and wait for 6 months to play again.

Got one solid last weekend in - Snow is due on Wednesday and I'm betting on salt hitting the roads - Saturday with my son and his 370Z for a 200 mile twisty trip at The Snake

(this youtube post is of motorcycles, but you'll get the point). This ride is only 30 minutes from my house - I live in a great part of the world!!

Sold mine. Awaiting payment, at which time it will be shipped to Norway. Will still be in the garage for 2-3 weeks, I'm guessing.
Wow! What an incredible Z-car journey you've had these past 6 years or so. So much knowledge gained and shared. Are there plans for another Z in the future or are you moving on to something else....

Goose / Wayne J

EDIT - Just saw the lengthy thread started by Arne - will read through that...

Edited by Goose52

312529_672049635486_50502495_33769987_1858249320_n.jpg

Spray painted back light panel. Ordered vents and supposedly the proper mounts for them, but the mounts were wrong, so waiting to put them on. Changed all heater lines under dash and put on new 3 way coolant adapter thing from nissan. At this point everything but that water line behinds the carbs are brand new in the cooling system. Prob will drop the gas tank this week Im thinking since the cars getting new suspension.