wheel offsets

-speed240z

I'm looking 2 run either

15 x 9.5 (Front)

15 x 10.5 (Rear)

or

16 x 9.5 (Front)

16 x 10.5 (Rear)

but I'm trying 2 figure out the right offset (F) & ®? and yes I'm running ZG flares. From the research I have been doing it looks like a 9.5" wheel needs a -19mm and a 10.5" wheel needs a -25mm. Also if I were 2 run a 9.5 -19mm all the way around would the wheels stick out the same (F) & ®?

thanks,

Colby

Edited by -speed240z

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Here's one I've used a lot. Remember to keep backspacing in mind if you're staying with stock struts (not coilovers).

If I could remember where I found this graphic I would give the person credit. I didn't make this. I believe I saw it first on hybridZ

You can also use the group buy size Rota RB-R's as a good visual reference with flares. If I recall there's a long thread on hybridZ from people who are running them.

post-18904-14150813083251_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Here's one I've used a lot. Remember to keep backspacing in mind if you're staying with stock struts (not coilovers).

If I could remember where I found this graphic I would give the person credit. I didn't make this. I believe I saw it first on hybridZ

You can also use the group buy size Rota RB-R's as a good visual reference with flares. If I recall there's a long thread on hybridZ from people who are running them.

70 Cam Guy, are those Rota wheels on your car in your avator? I'm digging your stance. Can you share what you are lowered on and rim width and offset?

I was thinking 15/16 diameter x 8 or 9 width and front ET-10/ rear -19 on eibach spring drop. Would that work?

OP, why such wide rims? Unless you plan on putting really wide rubber, no sense in wide rims. Usually 9.5/10 width rims are 275 tires. I'm sure that requires large fender flares (which you do have; does that require cutting away at the quarter panels?).

Edited by bavarian06

70 Cam Guy, are those Rota wheels on your car in your avator? I'm digging your stance. Can you share what you are lowered on and rim width and offset?

I was thinking 15/16 diameter x 8 or 9 width and front ET-10/ rear -19 on eibach spring drop. Would that work?

OP, why such wide rims? Unless you plan on putting really wide rubber, no sense in wide rims. Usually 9.5/10 width rims are 275 tires. I'm sure that requires large fender flares (which you do have; does that require cutting away at the quarter panels?).

Thanks! They are the Rota RBR in 16x8 +4. My fenders are not rolled or anything. Here's my suspension build thread with more specific info on my wheels and tires

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39590

-10 or -19 with a 9" width wheel would really be poking out of the fender without flares. I believe the negative offset will give you the backspacing and clearance away from the stock strut but you will be poking quite a bit on stock fenders.

:beer:

Andy,

do you think the poke will cause rubbing? i purchased ZG flares and will use them to cover the 4x4 looking rim poke.

i'm thinking as long as the tires dont rub the original fenders on eibach drop, 15x8 ET-10 and 15x9ET-19 is the route i want to take.

I'd guess the flares will have you covered. Here's a thread with a couple pictures how the group buy Rota's look before flares.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/91550-anyone-tried-17x95-offset-19-with-flares-without-cutting-the-fenders

You can use that wheel offset calculator to see how they'll compare to the RBR wheels. I believe they are 17x9 -13 and 17x9.5 -19

You can use that wheel offset calculator to see how they'll compare to the RBR wheels. I believe they are 17x9 -13 and 17x9.5 -19

great find! i'll rummage through the forum and see what i can find. from the pictures, it looks like it will "fit", just need the ZG flares to cover the poke. i'll have to ask what suspension they are running and the tire wall height.

what was the backspacing needed if you are running factory unmodified struts and springs? was it 4.5 or 4.25"?

What have become known as the 'group buy RBRs' were originally made for the HybridZ group buy. They have 4.5" backspace so they fit with the original struts. 4.5" backspace is what I would consider the safe rule of thumb when you factor in inner tire clearance.

Just a word of caution on hybridZ, you will want to rummage around and search. You will find more than you can imagine on that site in the search. I think I searched simply, "17x9"