IGNORED

HLS30-01222 Project

ksbeta

Good to see an update!  I must admit, I dig the Hella driving lights on your Z.  One question, I noticed your front bumper has the stock bumper guards but no holes for the trim pieces that go on each side.  Did you buy a euro style bumper and drill holes for the bumper guards or was it already like that when you got the car?  Its a clean look for sure as I am a fan of the stock bumper guards.

Having installed a 73 radio into my 71 years ago, The face plate will have to be changed to a 73 also. Sorry, I don't know if it was an early or late 73. As I recall it was a straight forward swap. No wiring issues.

But as I sit here & remember, I should have had issues with the antenna switch, I think, by the time I swapped radios, the original antenna had been vandalized twice & I replaced it with one that had a spring at the base, eliminating the switch by the radio.

Mark

Hardway - I haven't the foggiest idea. I bought those bumpers off of Craigslist, I think, years ago. Or maybe from a Forum member here. I'd never thought about that before.

Mark - That sounds like what I did. I didn't want to cut the car's wiring harness anywhere, so I built a "jumper" harness that connected the '72/'73 radio to the '70's wiring. Worked out well. The antenna up/down work fine, the look is clean, and I can get FM.

...I just can't hear it over the twice pipes when they're wide open

• 6 years later...

Howdy all,

The time has come to say goodbye. I'm getting ready to put this up for sale; hopefully at BaT (waiting to see if they accept the reserve). lf this tickles anyone's fancy, please let them know. 

Cheers
Bill 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2010 at 9:37 PM, Kathy & Rick said:

Hi, Duffman, Rick here.

Not trying to be argumentative, but informative: I wonder if YOUR rear

glass and/or hatch might have been replaced at some point in time?

The reason I say this, is that I have had a sort of sub-hobby for about 40

years, that addresses the subject. It looks like the cars with a 1969 build

date had clear glass (say up to about Carl Beck's #587 car); and beginning

with 1/70 build dates, in came the vertical defroster. In my records I have

#965, owned by Joe and Dottie Novak, as the earliest I have seen WITH the

defroster; although I seem to remember that car #725, owned by Frank

Pagano, also had one. But the point is, that the transition seems to have

come in at about that time frame.

Interestingly enough, the rear window defroster must have always been in

the plans, because even the earliest 1969 cars had a location provided in

the console for where the defroster switch would eventually be located.

FWIW,..............All Z Best,....................Kathy & Rick

I own #960, it has the defroster. 1/70

• 2 years later...

Good Morning all. Ended up not doing BaT - they'd only accept it no reserve. I wonder if anyone might offer some recommendations on who I might want to speak with as I try and figure a fair value for the car? Thank you in advance.