IGNORED

Erratic volt gauge

Pomorza

Thought so.I highly suggest "Luna starters & alternators" over on Grant Rd.You can also get a pulley from them that increases alternator output at idle.I'll be back early Tues.You can try that reg if you want.

I was actually thinking of going there myself.

Thanks for the help guys

Jan

Took the alternator to the repair place today. Tested perfectly. 60A 13.5V. Did note that the lower mounting bolts were loose. Reinstalled them tightly and made sure all is good.

I'm still going to replace the regulator as it's still overcharging at times.

Jan

Took the alternator to the repair place today. Tested perfectly. 60A 13.5V. Did note that the lower mounting bolts were loose. Reinstalled them tightly and made sure all is good.

I'm still going to replace the regulator as it's still overcharging at times.

Jan

The back one loosened up again?I was gonna mention the tightening the front bolt thing.

Oddly enough the belt started squealing on start up on Mo's Truck.The back lower bolt had come loose.Sound familiar?

Keep an eye on the bolts,you might need loc-tite them for somre odd reason.

Some.Repeat SOME regulators are adjustable.I'm not sure about these.

Changed the voltage regulator today. Noticed two things. One the new regulator is roughly half the size of the old one. Secondly, upon opening the old regulator I noticed that one of the coils was burnt out. The little orange paper that surrounded it was all black and brown. So I'm guessing that was the problem.

When I restarted the car (after stripping two of the mounting bolts) the voltage gauge sits right under 16 volts. When I turn on the lights it goes down for maybe a second and then returns to where it was.

Thanks

Jan

P.S

Pictures below of the old/new regulator for reference.

post-19999-14150812133451_thumb.jpg

post-19999-14150812134148_thumb.jpg