IGNORED

Progress on rust repairs

240dkw

• 2 months later...

Just to close out this build thread. I have been driving it for the last while. Fighting a rear end noise, but otherwise running well. It has been a enjoyable, rewarding build. I learned a lot about bodywork and got to know my car quite well. Everyone positive feedback and help has been greatly appreciated.

Dan

post-15138-14150829391686_thumb.jpg

post-15138-14150829392328_thumb.jpg

Edited by 240dkw

Very nice work, your attention to detail has been inspiring. I hope to do a similar job to my '70 over the next few years to be complete before our cars hit 50 years old.

I was curious about the history of your car, was it a Canadian car?

The clutch fan discussion here reminded me of an issue I had back in '83. I heard a strange intermittent ticking and then eventually a thud from under the hood as I was driving on the highway. Well it turned out that my water pump was failing and the intermittent ticking was the fan just contacting the rad as the water pump shaft was walking in and out. The thud was when a fan blade hit the rad to hard, bent over 90° and stuck right into my newly re-cored rad as I was approaching my destination. Luckily I didn't over heat as all of my coolant was on the ground.

Mike

I was curious about the history of your car, was it a Canadian car?

Mike

Mike: Yes it is a Canadian car. Is is HLS30-06513. Our cars might of been next to each other on the boat ride over. I don't know much about the car. It was last plated in Grande Prairie and I bought it in Sherwood Park. I think it was always a Alberta car.

Dan

Mike: Yes it is a Canadian car. Is is HLS30-06513. Our cars might of been next to each other on the boat ride over. I don't know much about the car. It was last plated in Grande Prairie and I bought it in Sherwood Park. I think it was always a Alberta car.

Dan

That's interesting, I have the original warranty and service booklet for mine and it was sold by Hugh Rider Ltd. in Vancouver, delivered to the first owner Aug. 28/70.

• 2 months later...