IGNORED

ZXP Adaptor buyers, Please read and respond!!!

Zs-ondabrain

Hi Dave and folks. Happy New Year !

I just read this thread and thought I'd share my data.

I have a 1973 with a build date of Sept, 1972.

It did not come with an electric fuel pump therefore I assume no Fuel Pump Relay.

For almost 4years now, I've had the ZXP installed with a 60amp 280xz alternator. Also have the HLH and PLH harenesses.

I've not had any battery drain experience. My battery is 6years old and came with the car when I bought it. I do use a battery tender for winter storage and any period where the car sits for 3weeks or so.

So I think it's more important that 1973's with the Electric Fuel Pump installed are the ones that may be affected.

Anyway .. hope this helps.

I may be off a little, but isn't Sep. 72' still a 72'?? Just curious.

And I believe the main issue is mid to later 73's with the electric fuel pump. I don't know when atsun actually started the relay system for the electric fuel pump, so until I get a definitive answer, we'll just say 73's with the relay and electric fuel pump, are the cars with a possible issue.

So Ditto to your info but still need a more precise answer from the other 73' owners.

Dave

• 3 months later...

I hate to sell out the 720 crowd like this, but since I'm in the Z crowd too now, I guess I have to. The 720 trucks (my '84 at least) already come with an FP relay exactly like you guys are wanting. It won't turn on without an alternator signal. They should be in good shape, because every one I've ever seen got bypassed when somebody replaced the FP and didn't realize how the relay worked. They assumed it was bad when it didn't start up at RUN, and ran a wire direct to the IGN fuse. They may be in a lot of other early eighties carbed Nissans, but I've never looked into it, plus the cars were mostly FI by then. . .

Scott B

Gainesville, FL

'74 260Z, F54/p90a, flat tops, 6-1, 2.5, Flowmaster 40, 307 Blue(soon)

'84 720 KingCab 4x4 - Next resto project

Edited by twofouroh
add sig