IGNORED

R/T Mount Group Buy. 2nd Batch. Who's in...

Zs-ondabrain

Stovepipe, did you get yours yet? Mine has still not arrived, must be hung up in customs,either that or Canada Post delivered it to the wrong address AGAIN!

Mine arrived Monday, so probably any day now, if you didn't already get it.

Thanks Dave!

Thanks Dave.

Any advice for getting the GM mount lined up with the RT mount and R200 bolts?

I placed the mount when I did the R180 to R200 swap. The RT mount fit perfectly in the tunnel, but the nose was offset about 1" to the front of the hole in the GM mount. I loosened everything and slowly raised the nose. Rearward prying on the diff (tensioning the mustache bar) was needed to get the R200 seated far enough posteriorly. Since people will ask, yes, this was an R200 mustache bar. I had to take the rear control arm hangers and sway bar down to get the bar back in.

2 ways to fix that. only a handfull of people run into this issue.

1) Unbolt the GM mount from the R/T, redrill the hole closer to the rear of the R/T but make sure the mount clears the back plate of the R/T.

2) Turn the R/T around (180 degrees) redrill the hole on the top plate to match everything back up. The fuel lines will need to be raised a little due to you turning it around.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
For any who missed out on this group Buy, A friend of mine bought 20 of them, had them Media Blasted, Powder Coated in Black and is selling the R/T's as a Finished Kit with a Black Urethane Bump stop. Here's a link to his site, where he also sells some other 240Z ONLY stuff..........

http://www.technoversions.com/DiffMountHome.html

At only $7 more, it's a hell of a deal.

Dave

How can he be reached? I saw no email or phone number or 'contact' page on his site ahywhere.

How can he be reached? I saw no email or phone number or 'contact' page on his site ahywhere.

It looks like you click on "Purchase" on the left hand side menu, then click the "Add to cart" button, which takes you to the checkout/payment process.

-Mike

It looks like you click on "Purchase" on the left hand side menu, then click the "Add to cart" button, which takes you to the checkout/payment process.

-Mike

Mike,

That's not what I was looking for, I actually wanted to have a conversation with him. Though thinking through this I did follow the Purchase link and got the info I was looking for...I wanted to know about shipping for more than one unit and the PayPal purchase page actually answered that question (it doesn't always). :)

Thank you!!

• 1 month later...
For any who missed out on this group Buy, A friend of mine bought 20 of them, had them Media Blasted, Powder Coated in Black and is selling the R/T's as a Finished Kit with a Black Urethane Bump stop. Here's a link to his site, where he also sells some other 240Z ONLY stuff..........

http://www.technoversions.com/DiffMountHome.html

At only $7 more, it's a hell of a deal.

Dave

Dave , Thanks for posting this link. Still working on my sons car. Put a header on it for him and Got 2 1/2 " exhaust installed today:cool: Sounds great except for the "clunk". Found this old thread-yay.

Still looking for pics of the rear lower control arms. I think someone flipped a left side arm and installed it on the right if that's possible.

Still looking for pics of the rear lower control arms. I think someone flipped a left side arm and installed it on the right if that's possible.
Normal. The two are the same part number, one is flipped over.

Aha. It sure didn't look right. At the front bushing it is rubbing metal to metal. I looked at the rear one thinking it would have more clearance and maybe it was pushed towards the front but it is close too. On the drivers side with the a-arm flipped over there is a lot more room at the bushings.