IGNORED

R/T Mount Group Buy. 2nd Batch. Who's in...

Zs-ondabrain

So you've probably already seen the other "R/T mount" thread hopping along the front page. Well, Here's the official New Thread for another run of the R/T Mount Group Buy.

$65. That price includes........

1 Fully bent, brilled and welded R/T mount for your S30 Z car in Raw steel Shipping to all lower 48 states via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day)

Delivery Confirmation (which lets me know you got it, so no tomfoolery here)

Price covers Paypal Fees, fuel costs for delivery & pick-up, packing etc.

If you are in Canada and wish to purchase an R/T mount, Please add another $10 to the price to cover the international shipping, posibly different packaging and the "Oh So Fun Paper work" that comes with Canadian orders.

I can take Cash, check or money orders made out to David W. Irwin.

If you're paying through Paypal please send your payment to wolfin32z@yahoo.com Please use the "Note to seller" to tell me your screen name and what you're paying me for (R/T mount) as I sell 10+ different S30 related products.

If you'd like to send your order thru the mail, please make your check or money order out to David W. Irwin and send your order (with what you want) and payment to me at...........

David W. Irwin

6421 105th St. NE

Marysville, WA. 98270

If you have any questions, Please feel free to ask away, either here or at wolfin32z@yahoo.com

The R/T mount that I am selling is below. Unlike the one you've likely read about on HybridZ.org My design includes a 1" x 1" bend in the corner to allow ease of instal near the fuel and brake lines.

The R/T can be used 1 of 2 common ways.

Option #1 is to use a standard Urethane Bump stop, PART # 99101 from Energy Suspension, mounted to the R/T (with 3/4" shave off so it fits snug against the top of the DIff) and the diff remains mounted to the stock crossmember using your stock Nissan Front Diff mount. This option will "Sandwich" the diff and keep it from moving up or down during heavy acceleration, launches or sudden deceleration. The R/T mount will STOP the Dreaded "Clunk" associated with worn or torn diff mounts and prevent further damage.

99101R_lg.jpg

Option #2 is to use a GM Poly Urethane Transmission mount from Energy Suspension Part # 3-1108. Using this mount will not allow the use of the stock diff mount and it must be removed. The GM mount is a failsafe mount and will not seperate like the stock mount does. The diff raises on acceleration and the GM mount compresses with that raise, so no "Thump" anymore. The GM mount also lowers the front of the diff by about 3/4" to 1" which is supposedly ideal for use with Motor and tranny upgrades such as LS1, SR20DET, RB25, 26 and 30 DET and DETT's as well the Borg/Warner T5 and T56 trannies. Maybe even the Tremec 5 and 6 speeds as well.

5321_1_.jpg

The R/T painted black with a non shaved bump stop (thanks for the picture Kenz240z)..

attachment.php?attachmentid=33125&d=1260077666

Here's some more pics below....

So here's what we got so far......

*= Prepaid for, Ca=Cash, Ch=Check, pp=Paypal

Dave (me) ..............1*Ca

S30Driver................1

Chuck496................1

Brian Laine Z8..........20*Ch

Gary in NJ................1 Ch

mlc240Z..................1*pp

Tbone028................1

NorthernZ................1

Yetterben................1

suzook86.................1*pp

Stovepipe................1 (Cheque sent?)

Katorx7...................2*pp

Jumblies..................1*pp

bluefairladyZ............2

kcc0234..................3*pp

JoeZ.......................1*pp

72zeta....................1*pp

Spitz17...................1*pp

Zeshin....................1*pp

Maples71240Z..........1*pp

ncolz......................1*pp

barichardson............1*pp

Mazdatsun428..........1*pp

Michael O'Connor......1*Ca

SoCalJDM240z..........1*pp

Fred Smith...............1*pp

ChrisB77..................1 Ch

Thanks guys, That's 50. The are None left.

Dave

post-4921-14150811579197_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150811579738_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Just added a few more. Also got 2 more payments for 3 R/T's. Moving right along folks.

Thanks again. Please let me know if you're sending me money via Paypal or snal mail. So I can keep my eye out for it and keep track of things.

Dave

Done and Done. Thanks for the orders guys.

To anyone who posts on here or makes a payment on Paypal, Please check the list above to see if I have added or updated your status. I will update a few times a day. So be patient, It'll get on there.

Also, to Anyone who is not on the list, don't waste time, there are only 11 left as of 10:44pm on 7/15/10

Thanks again,

Dave

I'm down Dave, just sent you a cashier's check a few days ago for the Headlight Harness... I'll send paypal for this, and maybe you could package it together?

Payment sent for $65. Also please let me know if you got the payment for the harness yet ;)

- spitz17 (glenn)

Edited by spitz17

Can someone help point me to a full-write up of how to install the R/T mount? I've tried searching but couldnt find anything that was a "step-by-step" outline or guide. I will most likely be going with the bumpstop method if that helps.

Dave, what is the lead-time on these? I'm assuming you need to wait for 50 confirmed orders?

Here's a couple.....

This one (below) has great pictures to show how it's installed.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35995&page=3

Post #2.....

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37518

27 pages of info in various places, have fun reading this one....

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36463

I prefer the Bump stop option.

lower the front diff and crossmember mount (4 bolts)

Remove the diff strap (4 bolts)

Install the R/T mount using the 4 bolts that held the Strap.

Raise the Diff back up and measure the distance between the top of the diff and the R/T. transfer that measurement + 1/8" to the Bump stop (P/N is in post #1)

Shave or grind off the excess then lower the diff again, install the Bump stop and rebolt up the diff and crossmember. Done

Hope that helps, a little?

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Dave,

This is Lloyd.

I'd like to also order your "Headlight Harness" and " Parking Light Harness" at the same time as one of your "R/T Mounts."

I was hoping you would be able to combine shipping on these products.

I also e-mailed you, so if you could provide me with a total price that would be great.

Thanks!