IGNORED

240Z at Sam's Club

Nota280

I got two...on ebay. So I over paid, but I can't seem to find them in my local Walmart. I'll keep looking.

I have an orange one at work. It's off the stand. Everyone that comes into my office picks it up and marvels what a great looking car the 240 is. I predict that the model wont have the antenna and wipes by the end of the year.

Here's a little background on the 'donor' car.

Very interesting article. Thanks, Motorman.

The article states that "They (Maistro) wanted to make sure they got the shapes and details right. It needed to be an unmodified car in very good to excellent condition." From the picture shown in the article, the car really didn't fit the description that they were looking for. It is slightly modified with the aftermarket side moldings, aftermarket wheels, front grill guard (and I would assume that it also has guard attached to its rear bumper as well). I realize that all of these items were "dealer optioned" at the time and the wheels are the classic slotted mags that are considered by a lot of us as "almost stock" and probably the single most forgiven aftermarket item on a 240Z. Thankfully, the finished die cast toy does closely represent what a '71 240Z looked like when it left the factory (if you ignore the bottom side of the toy). Don't get me wrong, it's not even close to the Franklin Mint version, but it looks pretty good for an inexpensive version. I just thought that there had to be a better model available to work from that was more stock. Just my 2 cents.