IGNORED

Mpg help, only getting 7.5mpg 280z

Z Tyler Z

"We re greased" all his ball joint throttle linkages. much smoother pedal responce.

So we also threw the compression checker on my 240Z with the new 260Z motor and pulled a 190 average when we wet the cylinder with PB Blaster. Yeah me!!

Back to Tylers thread...... Let us know how it starts up tomorrow when you fire it up in the morning. go to bed, 5am comes fast. Want me to save you a Krispy Kreme? Still got plenty. Hey James, the kids said "Thanks James" You'd think they never had a damn doughnut before. ROFL

Dave

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Well Dave said it was a pretty simple fix. Apparently he said there is a direct correlation between how shiny your engine is and your gas mileage. So needless to say we did this.. Next is my other Non-ERG intake. ;)

But in reality I think it was just a leaky cold start mixed with all my valves be hella off. Got 17 mpg (mostly freeway) today when we drove 120+ round miles to a sweet car show at Pacific Raceways. I'll keep trying to fine tune it so i can improve that number a bit more.

Thanks for everyone's help. :D

post-19613-14150811400549_thumb.jpg

post-19613-14150811401226_thumb.jpg

I see how ya are Tyler. Don't even bother to tell them that I WON Best Classic Import at the Car Show today. Nice, see if I let ya borrow MY buffer again. ;)

Had a blast but I think the dog got more attention than the cars.

Dave

Haha without me there probably wouldn't had been enough cars to make classic imports a class LOL. Who knows what other car they counted as a classic import, you need 3 to make it a class. Plus you wanted to go to a lame show n shine =P

Next NOS Energy meet will have drifting :cool: and more trophies for Dave and Brandon more than likely.

WOW.... Somebody's gettin a little big for his britches, isn't he?

I'll remember that the next time you need help Studly McBigBritches

It was probably that VW buggy.

Dave

You know I'm kidding :ermm:, but I like the name Studly McBigBritches :cool:.

Edit: Also I forgot to wear suntan lotion and now I'm one big burn. Too many things going on at once and I spaced.

Double Edit: Dave, you know my car would still be a pile and I appreciate everything you've done and continue to do for me.

Triple Edit: Also new season of Entourage and Hung on tonight. =)

Quad Edit: Back on topic I plan to fiddle with the bccd eventuality and maybe to tps to see if I can improve my mpg anymore. It'd be nice to get it around 17City/25Freeway) Sometimes the bccd doesn't kick in and my car runs bad (low idle) I have a feeling it's just a dirty connection.

Edited by Z Tyler Z
Me not realizing a joke can be perceived differently in writing compared to being spoken.

Everybody knows I'm screwing with ya. Gotta pull your chain every now and then to keep ya in line LOLROFL

I got real tan but no burns. I know ya do Tyler and that gives me a little room to mess with ya now and then.

Already watched them both and even got the new episode of True Blood in. Now I'm watching "The Gates". But will likely pass out real soon.

Gonna polish my trophy and go to bed. :wink:

Dave

Yup, strong second place!!! "Missed it by thaaaat much"

We were so lost when it came to scheduling the drive and meeting up with people for the drive down that I totally forgot about it.

But there's another NOS event on the 18th

4571414575_4326899f95_o.jpg

4571414465_65c70d40a1_o.jpg

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Congrats on the trophy win Dave!! Wish I could have been there. Wish I would have even known about it.

Does that mean Tyler's car took 2'nd place in the classic imports? ;)

Haha no second, I wanted to call you to see if you'd come but if I remember right you mentioned your days off are generally Monday and Tuesday. The next one is July 18(Sunday), I'll probably go assuming I can get that day off. Hopefully have my intake polished by then (getting the last broken screw drilled today). Also going to try and anodize a few parts, water pulley cover (or whatever the popper name of it is) engine bay inspection light and whatever else I can take off.

Going to be a long few weeks of sanding, polishing and anodizing. But hey i had a bit of people look at my engine bay at this meet I assume the shiny valve cover caught there attention.

Gonna polish my trophy and go to bed. :wink:

Dave

So that's what the kids are calling it now a days. :sick: