IGNORED

parts

S Dunkle

Michael,

You need to start a new thread for this question. Not only will it allow people to know your questions, but hijacking a thread is bad manners. Go to the forums link at the top and follow through to were it says New Thread. Good luck.

carl

I'll chime in on this one. Just got my car back from the body shop and my guy gave me a refund for the door seals that I provided him with. The reason: he did a terrible job installing them and he knew it. :stupid: He apologized profusely and explained that he hates door seals and his interior guy just couldn't get to them any time soon.

I ordered from Black Dragon and they seemed good. The rear hatch seals work great and no problems installing them. :classic: I did a search through the threads and found some relating how Kia Sportage seals work great. They are a bit longer than required, but best of all they have the metal channel that help hold them in place while the sealant tacks up. I haven't had a chance to try installing them yet, but will later this week.

I have had really good luck using Black Dragon and MSA if that means anything. Good luck!

There are also some NOS parts available thru Courtesy Nissan, www.Courtesynissan.com

Yep, Courtesy has door seals. Interestingly I tried to buy the seals from a local Nissan dealer, using the part numbers from the parts CD, but the dealer could not get them. Courtesy sold me door seals, which were genuine Nissan parts, but they had different part numbers than what were in the older catalog. I suspect that Courtesy is substituting a different part that they know from experience will work correctly. I was able to buy the rear hatch seal from the local dealer however.

The door seals also had a different construction for the driver's side than the passenger side. (The passenger side seals better.) The doors are now very hard to close, but at least the wind noise and door rattles are gone. Both sides had to be trimmed with a hack saw by the way. I did not use the gasket sealant for the doors because they have a metal clip to hold them in place. (The rear hatch is a different story.)

• 2 weeks later...