IGNORED

parts

S Dunkle

Stu,

As Mike has shown, doing a search for this topic will uncover a vast amount of threads. This topic is a fairly common one and has been discussed to death. There are many vendors out there for z cars parts. I have ordered some parts from Black Dragon with good results. I recently purchased a complete set of rubber seals from Motorsports Auto and am very happy with them. Some other places to check would be Z Car Source, Z Barn, Banzai motorworks, Datsun Spirit, Zedd Findings. This is another topic that can be searched for using the search function. Good luck.

One thing to remember, after changing the weatherstripping, it can be very difficult to close the door until the seals compress some. Let us know how things come out.

carl

door seals from black dragon are JUNK, i bit the bullet and bought nissan seals. they are so much better!

I agree with nahurry. The aftermarket door seals are too robust and won't relax enough over time. The OEM door seals don't have this problem.

Hmmm, I wonder if I will have this problem with mine. At the body shop, the guy had to slam the door pretty hard to get it to close. He said this is common with new seals and should improve with time. If they are too robust I may have to change them in the future.

carl

:laugh:ROFL:laugh:

I know...I'm just lucky nobody has done that to me yet LOL

My intent was good though...no offense intended Stu. I'm holding out for some Sportage seals. My drivers side is ok but the passenger side seal is trashed. My hatch outer seal is just...well I don't even have one.

Good one mike, wow i didn't think of that. I guess my real question was what do people think of black dragon, or maybe some input on a good reliable source for parts. Thanks for all the helpful input.

:beer: