IGNORED

1971 type A tranny question/problem

Roger opened up my R180 and hand picked it from his inventory and it's been good as gold to date. He has been dead on with me - sometimes a little slow - but always worth the wait. He has everything broken down (no cars in the fields) and catorgorized in storage trailers in wooden bins. It's really kinda cool to walk through one of those trailers and see some really great stuff. I visited last month in April and was very impressed.

Talk about a kid in a candy store!!ROFL

Can't say enough good about Roger.

I sent him a little 'extra' (hint,hint) when I bought my brake line to thank him for going 'above and beyond".

Such a great experience between quality and service, he's now the first one I'll go to for used parts.

We've got to help him so he'll help us keep our Z's on the road.

I can respect that he puts life before Datsuns. And here I thought they were the same thing.
I once thought so too. Then late last month real life slapped me upside the head a good one to remind me what is truly real. Datsun's a a great diversion, but sometimes the real thing must take precedence.

UPDATE:

Roger sent me a tracking number on my Type A transmission, it is on the way. I have my shiny new tranny jack waiting to get to work. Only thing left to do is order an OEM clutch kit form courtesy (as recommended by roger) and get to work.

I will keep this thread alive to post the process of dropping a datsun tranny. To most of you this is old news, but some may find it valuable.