IGNORED

E-Mailed Top Gear

Oiluj

E-mailed the TV show "Top Gear" the other day, suggesting they do a show or sequence of stories on classic sports cars from the 60's and 70's.

This was the time when sports cars were in their hey-day. I thought it would be interesting to hear the host’s impressions after test driving some of these older classics.

Older cars like our Z's have less horsepower than most modern performance cars, but I think there is more of a visceral connection between, car driver and road.

And now we wait...

More requests just might get the show producer's attention. Anybody else want to contact them?

Cool idea, Top gear is one of my favorite shows!

Did you email the American or British series? the reason I ask is the history channel is currently filming the American version, should air in December-ish.

I remember they did have a brief segment a couple of seasons ago where they had classic z's in their studio. They also did a bit about how old cars were faster than new cars. Two of the cars they raced were a 90-96? 300zx TT vs. vs a 350z.

E-mailed the one hosted by Jeremy Clarkson on BBC, so I guesss it's the UK show.

Figured they might go for it given the most popular sports cars in the 60's / 70's were of British origin.

It would be great to see a modern day comparison on the Z and its competitor's from back in the day. And hell, how awesome would it be to see The Stig in a S30!!! Top Gear is a great show but I can only igmagine what they might do to the Z twords the end...

I received a video about 2 or 3 weeks ago, showing just what you are talking of. It showed a 350X and 300ZX TT as well as other Z cars in a drag race . I remember the commentary that they were surprised the 300 pulled away from the 350 toward the end of the run. This could have been from

Top Gear.

Gary

That video (the one with the multi-generation Z race) isn't Top Gear. It's a separate video from 2004 called Hot Metal hosted solely by Jeremy Clarkson. He's made a number of DVDs of his own over the years.

One of the hosts of current History Channel iteration of Top Gear America actually owns and works on a 240Z. His name is Rutledge Wood, the NASCAR commentator.

British Top Gear had a program where they invited a Z club from England into the studio with a couple of different Z cars and proceeded to make fun of their beardiness. It's Top Gear (current format) Season 2 Episode 8. It's at the very beginning of the episode when they reviewed the 350Z for the first time.

Did you e-mail Andy Wilman, the producer for Top Gear UK?

Edited by blue 72

Going to email Top Gear as well, you know what they say the Squeeky Wheel gets the grease so.........if your interested in seeing it happen spread the word and follow the links with some emails!!! Last weekend would have been an ideal oppurtunity with the Mitty to showcase Greg, & Guy putting away a number of cars with the Z & Roadster

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/topgear/

http://www.topgear.com/uk/

http://www.topgear.com/au/

E-mailed the TV show "Top Gear" the other day, suggesting they do a show or sequence of stories on classic sports cars from the 60's and 70's.

This was the time when sports cars were in their hey-day. I thought it would be interesting to hear the host’s impressions after test driving some of these older classics.

Older cars like our Z's have less horsepower than most modern performance cars, but I think there is more of a visceral connection between, car driver and road.

And now we wait...

More requests just might get the show producer's attention. Anybody else want to contact them?

Really bad idea, unless you like them thrashing an old Z till it dies. That's more there style. Just saw an episode last night where they thrashed a 70's Lamborghini, Ferrari and Maserati. They drove the Maserati, with obvious engine problems untill the engine exploded and littered the road way with bits of crank case and big end caps. The Ferrari died with electrical problems and the Lambo broke down numerous times.

Going to email Top Gear as well, you know what they say the Squeeky Wheel gets the grease so.........if your interested in seeing it happen spread the word and follow the links with some emails!!!

Perhaps, even better, would be to apply for one of the BBC job vacancies in New York, Florida, or California so that you could work your way into a position to influence programing. See list of 22 job vacancies at the link below:

https://www5.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/BBC/PublicJobs/controller.cfm

Dennis

Really bad idea, unless you like them thrashing an old Z till it dies. That's more there style. Just saw an episode last night where they thrashed a 70's Lamborghini, Ferrari and Maserati. They drove the Maserati, with obvious engine problems untill the engine exploded and littered the road way with bits of crank case and big end caps. The Ferrari died with electrical problems and the Lambo broke down numerous times.

Think that says it right there, what would you expect from those delicate Italian cars.

Pretty tuff to make a Datsun/Nissan motor crap itself or an old Z die