IGNORED

Tranny fluid leak

Diseazd

I've got tranny fluid leaking from the area where the front of the driveshaft slides into the rear of the tranny. Anyone have a solution to this problem or know of any previous posts dealing with this? I assume it's probably a seal of some sort. Thanks Guy

Thanks.

Just like replacing the rear outer control arm bushings, right?

Step 1) Remove spindle pin nuts

Step 2) Remove lock pin

Step 3) Remove spindle pin

Step 4)...

ROFL

Apply sawzall, heat, cuss words, 10 tons of press, et voila! :stupid:

I saved my spindle pin pieces for future use as punches and drifts.

But yeah output seals are usually pretty straight forward. Just be sure the seal goes in straight and you should be fine

Apply sawzall, heat, cuss words, 10 tons of press, et voila! :stupid:

I saved my spindle pin pieces for future use as punches and drifts.

But yeah output seals are usually pretty straight forward. Just be sure the seal goes in straight and you should be fine

I'm guessing the one in my recently rebuilt 5 speed was NOT put in correctly and that's what caused the problem after about 100 miles of use. Still waiting for the damage report from the transmission shop.

Dennis

Rusty or dirty or pitted yoke on the drive shaft at the seal lip. Ate it up. Polish yoke, and position the new seal at a slightly different spot in its bore to put the new lip at a different spot on the yoke. Not much else to go wrong other then the inner surface of the seal seat have crap left there after removing the old one and not cleaning it properly. All very repairable by this shop, just make sure they do it right.

Jim