IGNORED

Hellaflush

z4life92

I didn't know you felt that way about trailer queens Arne. In my opinion, THAT is a total waste of a car. They were meant to be DRIVEN, no matter how rare or nice they are. This is something that Jay Leno understands and why I have so much respect for him as a car collector.

If you own it make it the way you want it. I like stock appearance with some upgrades that make the car run and corner better, and make it more user friendly and reliable. Some want the very first restored to better than factory. Some want a racer, straight line or corner carver. Some go low, some build tall 4x4. Whatever it is get out get some grease under your fingernails and build it. Its a large hobby and there is room for everyone, just dont be surprised if you go to a purist board and they dont like it.

This is a fairly diverse board as far as that goes, far from what I call a 'purist board' but no one here seem to like it. This crap belongs on some ricer or bozo site. This guy wants to shove this down everyones throat even though he knows most people here won't like it (based on his own words I might add). Look at some of his other posts on this board. For example:

all your cars suck do something different dont do the stock look yall suck big a$$ im putting a blower and $^!# be different STAND OUT
This guy doesn't belong here (IMO). Nor does he seem to be happy here. Edited by sblake01

all your cars suck do something different dont do the stock look yall suck big a$$ im putting a blower and $^!# be different STAND OUT

That rude and ignorant post by z4life92 resulted in him being added to my ignore list, but the ignorance also made me laugh at the same time. The funny thing about it is that most Zs already "stand out" enough so it's really not necessary to go to such an extreme to be noticed. To each his own.

Edited by =Enigma=
This thread is HELLAGAY

I think you all missed the point - He wants to standout! The car is just a tool to do that and if he can get everyone talking about him that's what it is about.

Best solution is to ignore him.

I concur, Dr. Taylor.

Snowflake, I like the big arse blower idea because it would make the car faster. You should do that. And if it doesn't stick out of the hood or whine loud enough, then you can always strap a dead chicken on the hood so that people look at you.

It's your car, your choice. If you want your car to be stupid, make it so. Just be prepared to take some flak for it.

Edited by jmortensen

I grabbed the pics and brought them here.

According to the site (if you follow the above link) it's a 240Z. It recieves the Retro Machine of the Year,Stance of the Year,Rat of the Year awards.

z4life92,

My Z isn't running at the moment, but this is something I would NOT do to my Z. Just my opinion, but I think it looks like crap, and not because of the rust. I'm not a huge fan of the uber-dropped cars that bottom out on a pothole. Nor am I fan of those faux-fender flares.

Again, I just wouldn't do it to my personal Z, but that's me. I think there low enough already.

Just my $0.02.

Just my $0.02 but I think the thumbnail pictures look pretty impressive, just gives the Z a mean and aggressive stance. Looks dropped as much as the BRE cars were dropped!

Gotta appreciate the fully restored to original as well as those that make a personal statement out of the cars

Just my $0.02 but I think the thumbnail pictures look pretty impressive, just gives the Z a mean and aggressive stance. Looks dropped as much as the BRE cars were dropped!

Go look at some old pictures of the BRE cars again. Not nearly as low (even with shorter tires), because when you get that low all kinds of funky stuff starts happening with roll centers, bumpsteer, etc, which makes the car handle worse. BRE built race cars. This POS is not a race car, sorry.

And why again do we HAVE to appreciate someone screwing up their car? I've been told I'm a "hater" on Hybrid Z because this car is dumb and I point that out when I see it posted. I guess I'll continue to post on half-baked implementation of stupid ideas and just deal with being called a hater when I do it...

rjracin240,

I do appreciate others vehicles for what they are. As I said, I wouldn't do this to my own Z. Hell, I wouldn't do that to my Civic I had, either. But, its his car, and if he wants to go for the same look, go for it. I was simply stating that I didn't like it not one bit. I think it looks ridiculous, and is a waste of money. My opinion is of the same for the ricers who think there [several explicit words deleted] awesome because there car is on the ground and they have a fart can muffler on the back.

Don't get me wrong. Modify your vehicle to your heart's content. I just think some things are exceedingly lame, redundant, stupid, and pointless. Case in point, said car above. If the goal was to make it look like it was rusted, OK. Achieved that. Want to lower it? Go ahead. I just think that the faux-fender flare, and making the car pretend to be a snail and drag on the pavement is an absolute waste. Both of money and vehicle.

Yeah, modify your car to your hearts content. No problem with that until it is deemed to be a safety hazard affecting everyones well being. I can picture this car bottoming out and pole vaulting into oncoming traffic. I guess it's up to law enforcement and not us to make the call, if it is street driven.