IGNORED

24th October 1969 - The S30-series Z public debut.

HS30-H

• 2 months later...

• 1 year later...
On 11/29/2020 at 5:36 AM, HS30-H said:

At least three, if you count the 432-R.

Just for kicks, I made an effort to count. Assuming all the pictures shown on this page are from the same year, I counted four - A Fairlady Z (B&W photo), a blue LHD Z,  and two orangish Z432-badged cars, both of which may be the same color, but definitely have different tires, and one has a headlight cover installed. (is the one on the turntable an "R"?)

Of course, I wouldn't assume that folks in the marketing department were opposed the age-old trick of swapping tires, or adding badges and accessories after hours, all to help sell the illusion that there was more than a handful of cars built.  So perhaps that was part of the drill as well. 

Edited by xs10shl
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, xs10shl said:

Just for kicks, I made an effort to count. Assuming all the pictures shown on this page are from the same year, I counted four - A Fairlady Z (B&W photo), a blue LHD Z,  and two orangish Z432-badged cars, both of which may be the same color, but definitely have different tires, and one has a headlight cover installed. (is the one on the turntable an "R"?)

Of course, I wouldn't assume that folks in the marketing department were opposed the age-old trick of swapping tires, or adding badges and accessories after hours, all to help sell the illusion that there was more than a handful of cars built.  So perhaps that was part of the drill as well. 

What with the show lasting for two weeks, Nissan certainly switched cars around on the displays to keep things fresh.

Here are the different cars that I see across various photos, as more and more come to light:

*918 Orange 432 on the rotating display (headlamp covers, lettered tyres etc).
*919 Yellow 432 on the main floor and then moved onto the rotating display (no headlamp covers, non-lettered tyres).
*Blue 'Fairlady Z Export Model' LHD on the angled 'speed wall' display.
*918 Orange 432-R on the main floor and then moved onto the 'speed wall' display (black hood, rear spoiler, plain steel wheels).
*920 Gold Fairlady Z-L on the main floor ('deluxe' bumpers).
*B/W photo Fairlady Z-S on the main floor and then moved onto the rotating display ('standard' non-trim bumpers, but with optional hubcaps).

Any advance on six?

• Like 2

I would like to share these pictures, sorry if I did it before in another thread. From Nissan Graph Dec 1969.

I can feel the atmosphere, huge excitement all over the place especially around these new car , Fairlady Z series .

I think the car which was covered by clouded people was a yellow, displayed at a ‘Owner’s Hall’ which was a bit far from Main stand of Nissan .

I circled blue is a main stand of Nissan which is at Hall 2 , red is an Owner’s Hall which is at Hall 6. It is fun to imagine that every evening when the show closed , the car was taken care of wiping thousands of finger prints even got some dents and scratches ! 

Kats

52C8E809-CC1E-44F3-9FCA-87377DDF55A2.jpeg

7B4FF92E-3E34-4CF1-85D8-0E30C8408538.jpeg

9408F778-D7C6-46AB-9010-FF6F8326260E.jpeg

923DAC9F-43F8-421D-8DF6-AD67DF70AB23.jpeg

D175BE42-27D1-48C5-8D33-80D497B07013.jpeg

1F2984D9-A404-4734-8BB9-DA6987DC330B.jpeg

AA286845-4591-4528-8DE7-8C44C5DE945C.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Here are the different cars that I see across various photos, as more and more come to light:

*918 New Sight Orange 432 on the rotating display (headlamp covers, lettered tyres etc).
*919 Sunshine Yellow 432 on the main floor and then moved onto the rotating display (no headlamp covers, non-lettered tyres).
*903 Universal Blue 240Z 'Fairlady Z Export Model' LHD on the angled 'speed wall' display.
*918 New Sight Orange 432-R on the main floor and then moved onto the 'speed wall' display (black hood, rear spoiler, plain steel wheels).
*920 Safari Gold Fairlady Z-L on the main floor ('deluxe' bumpers).
*B/W photo Fairlady Z-S on the main floor and then moved onto the rotating display ('standard' non-trim bumpers, but with optional hubcaps).

Corrected for accuracy.

Edited by SpeedRoo
More accurate!