IGNORED

Ztherapy excitement

Zedyone_kenobi

UPDATE:

I know I have more updates than bad microsoft software, but in case people are interested.

I contacted Steve at ZT and he was more than happy to take care of my problem. I will be sending the carb back to him to have him install a new bowl and then it will make its way back.

Merry Christmas to ZT and great customer service.

While I am waiting for my new choke cable to show up, and my rear carb to come back from ZT, I decided to take a shot at fixing my old choke cable. Holding the wire with vice grips set on gorilla tight, I tried to move the cable. No dice. I am going to try to spray some liquid wrench in there to wiggle things out.

ON a happy note, I swapped out my old coil with a shiny new chrome Pertronix flamethrower! :)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I cannot express how wonderful my new carbs work. I received the carb with the bent float bowl outlet back yesterday in wonderful shape. I was able to bolt it back together and get it tuned in less than 45 minutes. It was that easy. I find the fuel mixture to be about spot on at 2.5 turns out.

What can I say about how these things run. My idle is rock solid at 750 rpm, and will actually idle down to 500 rpm quite easily. The throttle response and smoothness of the throttle is amazing. I had the sticky 240Z throttle that so many of us have with my old carbs, that is gone with my ZT carbs. Its such a joy to be able to glide away from lights as if it were a fuel injected car.

Performance. In a word, awesome. My stumble I use to have at around 5500 rpm was not my timing or my dizzy. It was in fact my old carbs. I was able to rev to 6700 in second with absolutely NO issues at all. Smooth as melted butter in a quart of Amsoil in a rolls royce driven by angels.

Starting is so much easier with a functional choke cable and the way the car performs very well. No matter what your SU issues are, ZT is your solution. They have been a joy to do business with, and words like integrity and service which are so missed these days seem to be a hallmark of Bruce and Steve.

I always thought my Z was tuned pretty well, now it is as close to a new car feeling as it has ever been. I am stoked!

4211861406_d7d18f0a10_b.jpg

Here is my baby finally back after enjoying some spirited driving today...

BEFORE:

3023005147_1c60e1b71b_b.jpg

AFTER:

4211097669_2ce07c933e_b.jpg

I still need to get a hose from my valve cover to the air cleaner housing and run a vent tube from the front carb float bowl to the air cleaner housing.

Summary.

Installed polished manifold and ZT SU's

Refurbed my old air cleaner

Installed flamethrower pertronix coil

Installed new thermostat

Refurbed fuel line

Refurbed Thermostat Housing

Refurbed heat shield

New braided OEM braided line from balance tube to crankcase

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi

Smooth as melted butter in a quart of Amsoil in a rolls royce driven by angels.

ROFL

Glad to see you're as happy as I am with the ZT carbs. It looks like you got the upgrade finished in just enough time to consider it a Christmas present, as well. :cool: