IGNORED

Floor support rails

JohnnyO

These are the Bad Dog Parts frame rails for both 240 and 280Zs. Each can be used as a stand-alone replacement or as a cap over an existing rail. They are a bit thicker than the Zedd ones and are made for those folks who have added more hp/torque to their Zs.

Both the 240 and 280 versions include a front section that wraps around the TC rod box area. The 240 rails go back to the same spot as the OEM versions did and the 280 rails fit exactly like the OEM version.

The optional rear section connects the rail all the way back to the front of the cross body member at the rear wheel well. This ties the front in to the back.

While designed to mate with the 240 rails, the optional rears can be used on 280s as well.

post-7328-14150809316138_thumb.jpg

post-7328-14150809316765_thumb.jpg

post-7328-14150809317048_thumb.jpg

Edited by gnosez

Steve, they look great. I see why you were concerned with Charlies not being long enough. I don't think his were intended to go that far up but you made them work very nicely.

Wish I had those skills.

Did you replace those rails and pans after the top side was completed?

John

I think you misunderstood something in the posts. Charlie's rails were more than long enough. I am pretty sure there is at least 6 extra inches on them so you can cut to fit.

They do not include the very front part of the rail that is shaped like a triangle under your brake booster. This is not attached to the floor pan it is attached to the firewall and front frame rails.

Your rails look good.

John

Now you know why I have a shop doing my work.......:stupid:

After re-reading I see what you are saying.