49 members have voted

1. 1. Should outdated posts/polls be deleted

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care
    • Huh?

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Hey there Mike,

At the risk of sounding:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: again, what about setting it up so that whoever enters a post can also delete it????????????

If someone places an ad in the wanted column for a whatsis to fit on a thingo, he could then delete the ad when he obtained his whatsis.

The same applies to the Open Discussions forum. Most of the posts I've made are past history and of no further interest. When you look back through the posts there are quite a lot that should be destined for the useless information file.

OOHHHH MY GAWD, HERE THEY COME WITH THEIR HOB NAILED BOOTS AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick.

I'd like to stick up for Rick's last point, as I think its a good one.

However, I don't think that anything should be deleted ( unless any information it contains is plain wrong ) - rather that the parties involved in the posts should try to "tie up" the loose ends.

I can be very frustrating to see threads that end with a cliffhanger and then go dead. Sometimes these threads would be of great help if only the conclusion could be reached. Sometimes people see these old threads and revive them by posting replies ( I know I've done it myself when not paying attention to the date of the last post ) and this feels something like being attacked by a dead sheep...............

So maybe a little guidance on posting etiquette from the powers that be is in order? I don't contribute or participate in any other sites like this one - so I'm sure that I for one could do with a little help on what to do and what not to do. I certainly do try to make sure that any threads or posts that I subscribe to are not left "hanging" wherever possible.

Regards,

Alan T.

ROFLLOLROFLLOL

Hey there HS30-H

Thanks for the support Alan, I was beginning to feel awfully lonesome out here in the cold.

By the way mate, your one up on me.

I've been attacked by kangaroos, treed by wild pigs, chased by a bull, bitten by a wombat, scratched by a koala and shot at by V.C. but not attacked by a dead sheep.

Rick

Rick,

PTSD would have been getting off lightly where S130's are concerned.........

Your comment about being shot at by VC ( you must be an old codger!? ) reminded me of something. I went to visit a Z-owning friend of mine in Japan last year, and he lives well out in the "sticks". I was introduced to his 89 year old father, who told me that the last time he was this close to an Englishman he was looking at him through a gunsight.............

I didn't ask him the outcome of that one, but I kept an eye out for him during the rest of the evening!

Regards,

Alan T.

Hey there Mike,

At the risk of sounding:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: again, what about setting it up so that whoever enters a post can also delete it????????????

It's already done. (You probably read this in the other thread about the same thing Rick, but for the benefit of others....).

If you started the thread, you hit edit on the first post.

THen check the delete thread box of the edit page and hit the delete now button, and the tread and all reply posts are deleted.

So if anyone has any irrelivant threads they started that they want to delete, or wish they never started, thats how its done.

So Mike, when's the classicZcars user manual coming out? LOL

Mr C