IGNORED

BRE "Tribute" 510 for sale - anyone know this car?

Arne

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1146506836.html

Anyone familiar with it? Is it licensed by BRE? Or an unlicensed knock-off? How well executed is it?

Text of ad and link to pics - contact info removed.

hello to everyone , i have with regrets decided to sell my brock racing enterprizes tribute 510 ,i need to sell one of my cars . it is loaded with goodies , as you will see in the photos , it has been professionaly appraised for $25,000 usd . i am selling this 510 for $17,000 usd , the 510 runs awesome and is rust free,this car has never been in a wreck , it has a high performance professionally built L20B motor with lots of nismo racing items ,nissan z 5 speed , all correct decals and wheels , so much to list , if anyone is interested in my 510 please email me and i will get new photos of the car and make a list of all items i know about .

you can view photos here http://www.deandunlop.com/bre510/

Arnie,

It has been just recently that I have picked up on the "tribute" word. And my understanding is that a "licensed tribute" from BRE has only happened within the last couple of years. The BRE web site has not been up very long. I may be wrong, but I remember when Ron Carter built his 240Z "tribute" (his threads should be in the archives) and I don't recall his project being called a tribute. Rather, a replica. I'ld like to hear his comments on this.

Datsun / BRE Interpart offered a Trans-Am "tribute" package and we discussed this some time back when this literature was on eBay and this car was on eBay. It is my understanding that the optional equipment offered in this literature would be what is considered a 'tribute' and that we move on to the term 'replica' beyond that. The first time I heard about a licensed tributation from BRE was not that long ago and I think it was Ron Carter who explained it.

I also want to point out that the 240Z version of the gear shift knob emblem is pure fabrication and was never an Interpart / BRE item to the best of my knowledge. I have both the gear shift emblem and grill badge, however.

post-4148-14150806918967_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150806919293_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150806919622_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150806919955_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150806920307_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150806920706_thumb.jpg

Edited by 26th-Z
speeling

Arne, I don't know if it's well executed or not, but it sure ir purty. Are you considering taking a run at it if it's a near authentic repro? I'd actually consider doing the same if it was streetable and about 5-7k less, but it's difficult to say how much it's worth without seeing it in person and knowing a little more detail on it. For me it was always about either a 510 or a Z, but the Z won out.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1146506836.html

Anyone familiar with it? Is it licensed by BRE? Or an unlicensed knock-off? How well executed is it?

It seems like there are several BRE 510 "clones", "tribute cars", whatever you want to call them in the area. I always see one or two at every show I go to. Last year driving back from Canby I caught up to one on I-5 near Tacoma that looked like it was also headed back from the show. May have been the same car. Here are a couple of pics of cars from the Vancouver BC Nissan show the past two years. I don't know enough about what a real BRE 510 should look like to know how well executed they are (except the exterior paint).

-Mike

post-9102-14150806929726_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150806930252_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty certain your first picture is the same car, Mike. That has the same modern leather sport seats, and the red cam cover shown in some of the pictures of the car for sale.

I'm pretty certain your first picture is the same car, Mike. That has the same modern leather sport seats, and the red cam cover shown in some of the pictures of the car for sale.

That one was from the 2007 Vancouver show. Do you recall seeing a similar car at Canby last year? The one I passed returning from the Canby show looked pretty well done externally, similar to this one.

-Mike