IGNORED

240z Master Vac Hoses

lm71z

Does anyone know where to get the 2 master vac hoses for a series 1 240z? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Nissan no longer has any available and I haven't been able to find them on any other z website.

Unless you can get some of those people who may have stocked up while they were still available to part with a set, you may have to build an alternative from some other car or source. I don't know of anywhere to get them new now.

Does anyone know where to get the 2 master vac hoses for a series 1 240z? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Nissan no longer has any available and I haven't been able to find them on any other z website.

This is the one I made. You could buy the hose and put the wires inside.

In the first picture, Left ones are original non braided ones. Right ones are reproduction ones (braided)

Esprist

post-16910-14150806792997_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150806793443_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150806793872_thumb.jpg

Edited by esprist
adding pictures

If you shop around, and spend some time, you could made something like this, too. They are all hand braided and hoses inside are Nissan Genuine parts.

Radiator upper hose, lower hose, heater hoses, bypass hose. These are my test units with 4 different pattern(materials) and see how well they work and how long they last. If you could try them, why spend $150-200 for a new old stock hoses that are so expensive and not very dependable in a long run.

I am hoping someday, big supplier like MSA could make good reproduction ones and sell them at reasonable price.......

Esprist

post-16910-14150806791623_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150806792149_thumb.jpg

post-16910-14150806792571_thumb.jpg

If you shop around, and spend some time, you could made something like this, too. They are all hand braided and hoses inside are Nissan Genuine parts.

Radiator upper hose, lower hose, heater hoses, bypass hose. These are my test units with 4 different pattern(materials) and see how well they work and how long they last. If you could try them, why spend $150-200 for a new old stock hoses that are so expensive and not very dependable in a long run.

I am hoping someday, big supplier like MSA could make good reproduction ones and sell them at reasonable price.......

Esprist

Excuse me for not understanding, but how are you making these formed, cloth covered, hoses? Did I miss something in a previous post or other thread?

Dennis

I'm guessing a little glue to hold on the various sleeving types, and a stiff wire on the inside to hold the shape of the hose. Nice look, but a PITA to make and maintain. That said, this seems like an affordable alternative to the stock unobtainium.

Excuse me for not understanding, but how are you making these formed, cloth covered, hoses? Did I miss something in a previous post or other thread?

Dennis

Well, as I mentioned, I am trying different materials on a car to see how they function and how long they last: Plastic, steel, fiber, and cloth. To cover the hose and place them in right position, I have tried sylicone glue. Please remember these hoses expand once they get hot water running through. Also the hose tends to carl up at the end specially when you try to slip it on the inlet. In this picture, I have a piece of shrink tube in small width just in case. So I am still in reseach and development.

Esprist

post-16910-14150806796263_thumb.jpg

Carlos!!

If you want us to buy a new Nissan - start resupplying the parts for our old DATSUN!!

The bumper sticker that the Classic Z Car Club should promote!! Print them at home on your ink jet - and start mailing them to Nissan USA and Japan HQ !!

FWIW,

Carl B.

Well, as I mentioned, I am trying different materials on a car to see how they function and how long they last: Plastic, steel, fiber, and cloth. To cover the hose and place them in right position, I have tried sylicone glue. Please remember these hoses expand once they get hot water running through. Also the hose tends to carl up at the end specially when you try to slip it on the inlet. In this picture, I have a piece of shrink tube in small width just in case. So I am still in reseach and development.

Esprist

Thanks, that sort of clears it up for me. Keep us posted on your experiments.

Dennis

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring back a semi-old thread, but this question works well here. I am wondering what the interior diameter of the master vac hoses are. Mine are really starting to crack and I don't want to remove them until I have a reasonably good replacement. I simply cannot find them anywhere. Thanks!