IGNORED

240z Radiator

lm71z

Don't know what you guys pay for a rebuilt rad in the US but there's an outfit in your country selling an aluminium 3 row rad with 2x12" electric fans for $230 which is good value in the UK let alone the US. EBAY Monsterradiators.

Edited by Nigel1943

I had several places tell me that they would charge $300 or more to recore my original 2-row. I could have bought an aluminum one off ebay for around $200 - $250, but after asking here, I decided against the aluminum due to the extra mounting hassles and the chance of cracking due to flex.

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a 78 280 Z for parts and radiator was a three row radiator with shroud.

it is thicker and a bit larger top and bottom than the 240 but the mounting holes match up.

I assumed this was a stock radiator for a 280.

Are the 280 and 240 radiators interchangeable? If they are and the capacilty is larger why doesn't everyone get a 280 radiator?

Or do I have an aftermarket radiator? it looks like it was installed in 280 for a long time.

For what it's worth, I have had good luck so far with this vendor,they sell a CSF radiator and list an auto and a manual model.

http://catalog.autohausaz.com/autohausaz/detailw.jsp?sid=jh041ujbzqomkt55bbqbrm55&partner=autohausaz&year=1973&make=NI&model=240-Z-001&category=G1000&part=Radiator

Same picture same part number, both have the A/T connectors