IGNORED

240z Radiator

lm71z

What's the best radiator you can buy for a 1971 240z that looks like the original one(with the fan shroud)? My dad said the ones from motorsport are crap; he went through 3 or 4 of them with his 260z because the kept leaking.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no replacement radiators with the fan guard. Your best bet is to find a old-fashioned radiator shop who will re-core an original. Finding a shop willing to do that is getting harder, and if you find one it'll cost you more than any replacement. Most shops don't want to solder and braise anymore, all they want to do is replace.

But when needed, I will have my original repaired, not replaced, no matter how much more it might cost.

I put a three row in my yellow car a couple of years back. It had no fan guard, but was otherwise a pretty close match. Can't remember the maker, but I bought it locally from a radiator shop. Cheaper than MSA and no shipping.

CSF is the only manufacturer producing a replacement 240z radiator on a large scale (Part number 110). There are specialty radiator manufacturers who will build any radiator to your dimensions. I suspect that MSA sells CSF radiators.

CSF is the only manufacturer producing a replacement 240z radiator on a large scale (Part number 110). There are specialty radiator manufacturers who will build any radiator to your dimensions. I suspect that MSA sells CSF radiators.
Thanks, Steve. The one I had was a CSF.

FYI, I just received my 280Z MSA radiator and it is indeed a CSF radiator. I was bummed when I took it out of the box and saw that it is for an automatic, so I called MSA to ask if that's all they sell now. When I ordered it, there were different auto and manual part numbers, but he confirmed that they recently changed suppliers and that's all they sell now. I'm not sure who used to make them, but they are CSF now. He made it sound like the supplier change was within the last month or two. The website still lists two part numbers. The CSF part number for the 280 is listed on the box as 111 for future reference.

The ATF portion of a radiator is not included with the core of the radiator, most of the time it is a tube usually brass that runs a small amount of tranny fluid thru one of the radiators tanks. This does not hurt the cooling in my opinion at all.