IGNORED

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

conedodger

Sorta vintage - me at an autocross with my brother in the 90s before the flares. Those are 15x8 Wheel Specialties 7 spoke wheels like on the 27 CP car of vintagezracer. At least I think that was the company name. They are 2 piece glued together with "space glue" is how it was explained to me. The centers are thick and require long studs.

Solo2007straighten.jpg

Solo2006.jpg

Edited by Steve Parmley

www.symbolicinternational.com and for better pictures:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/paul-newmans-1987-nissan-300zx-imsa-gto-racecar/#3157147

Should, might, could be the last Nissan Newman drove. There is another 300ZX NA car, an '88 that I believe Scott Sharp drove with more with luck and that is for sale as well.

Look up the '88 SCCA archives and you can see the places the '87 raced and the results.

Paul kept this car and had it for more than a decade after it stopped racing is my understanding based on a conversation I had with Bob Sharp last night.

www.symbolicinternational.com and for better pictures:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/paul-newmans-1987-nissan-300zx-imsa-gto-racecar/#3157147

Should, might, could be the last Nissan Newman drove. There is another 300ZX NA car, an '88 that I believe Scott Sharp drove with more with luck and that is for sale as well.

Look up the '88 SCCA archives and you can see the places the '87 raced and the results.

Paul kept this car and had it for more than a decade after it stopped racing is my understanding based on a conversation I had with Bob Sharp last night.

Found both the '87 and the '88 cars. Can't remember where but I thought I saw somewhere the asking price was around $325,000 for PLN's '87 car??

If I'm not mistaken this car was sold back to PLN by the owner of SVRA (P.Mc.) after he purchased a group of cars from Bob Sharp? Might be confusing it with another car though??

BTW, how is Bob doing these days? Haven't seen him since around 2000/2001 when we last ran our Z in SVRA....

• 1 month later...

Here are some of Jim Fitzgerald 240z Serial #6 but was campaigned later as a 280 due to engine changes. Also the Bob Sharp 280zx turbo. Jim was Paul Newman's team mate and good friend. Newman was number 33, Jim was 38.

robbed these off the internet hope they don't mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: 300ZXT sold to a buyer in CA, 280ZXTT will be at vintage race week at The Glen in September. Some pics of the spare parts.

Bob Sharp is doing well (as of a few months ago when I had dinner with him). He bought a nice replica of his 240/260/280 race car and should be out with it this season at vintage events in the New England area.

I expect both the Tom Cruise 300ZX SSA car and the 280ZXTT to be offered up for sale after the Glen event this fall (Datsun/Nissan to be featured cars).

Both of these cars were at ZCON 2010 and I hope to get Peter's permission to make them available for the 2011 event.

post-7328-14150813721248_thumb.jpg

post-7328-14150813721892_thumb.jpg