IGNORED

Well, I wound up with another low VIN Z...

Mike B

Arne, I think Bonzi is referring the bracket is welded to the underside of the cowl area. That bracket is used to route the hand throttle cable so that it aligns with the accelerator pedal. Here is a picture of the one in #32.

-Mike

My 68 Roadster's dipstick is 16 3/8 inches long and has the number 12201 etched (not forged stamped as the 3 above) above the H (full) mark.

Bonzi Lon

Yours is correct for the 1600, the 2000s are different. Actually the 2000's have different ones depending on the oil pan (Solex/non solex setup)

• 3 months later...

I'm finally getting some time to start prepping HLS30-00210 for a restart before too long. It was last run in the mid 90's. I'll be going through the "waking the sleeping beast" checklist over the next couple of weeks. I drained the fluids this weekend and today I took the gas tank out and cleaned the exterior of the tank with soap and water. Notice the yellow paint marking on one of the top tabs and the 10-30-69 date stamp (showa date 44.10.30). Since there is no evaporator tank on the early cars, there is also no connector for a hose to the tank.

It is so clean on the inside, I'm not even sure if I need to boil it out. Should I just repaint it a gloss black or use POR 15 on the exterior?

-Mike

Mike, that's what the insides of all three of my cars' tanks looked like, and I left them all be as is. Sold both of the parts car tanks, and am using the red car's tank with no issue. As long as the feed tube in the tank is clear, I'd let it ride.

Nice Tank Mike,

The date stamp is also great find,Oct 30th,1969.Is this car have a 11/69 tag on the body frame?

The tank is E4100, I now learn 1969 240Z has a same tank like Fairlady-Z, Z-L.

And no fuel vapor tank, great!

kats