IGNORED

Blue engine paint

mally002

Ok,

I have searched all over the forum and couldn't find any refrence. I want to paint the engine and wanted to know what color Blue was used, is there a rattle can that is really close to the color or is there an exact match somewhere? If so where can I buy it.

Thanks,

Hi,

I just stop to see here, we in Japan Nissan diesel (ND;a groupe of Nissan making tracks) is selling engine blue which is applying many Nissan engines.

My L24 was painted with this blue needed 1 or 2 spray- cans.

kats

Nissan's blue engine paint has Austin DNA.

Back in the 1950s, when Nissan were assembling CKD kits of Austin cars, they were given a 'British Standard' paint code for the formulation of the engine block and ancillaries colour. It seems to have stuck.

This colour is still listed on the 'British Standard' database as B.S. 18C39, with HMG ( Her Majesty's Government ) number GL31557, and 'Glidden Number' name 'Dolphin'.

Alan T.