IGNORED

First Pictures of Final Color

Aguyandaredhead

Arne, I am not thinking in the event of an accident. More like if someone were to pull too close to it while parking I really just want it to protect the paint/body. The glass would crack or shatter and I would end up replacing it anyway. At least the steel I can just beat back into shape and then repaint. But I agree the 240 bumpers are worthless.
My fear would be that if someone bumped it, yes, the glass would crack and be ruined. But with a little luck it would not transfer any of the impact into the body shell, especially around the side where the bumper bolts to the quarter panel. Bump a steel bumper very hard and the bump all goes into the body.

Jeff:

I noticed on that shot of the front end that there is no battery tray mounted in the engine compartment. Nor do I see any wiring harness clips along the RH frame rail (perhaps you replaced the original one?).

Are you going to be relocating the battery? How are you going to secure the harness? I'm asking because I'm facing the same questions in my '72 rebuild.

The harness for the RB25det will run into the frame rail from inside the passenger compartment, That way you will not be able to see but just a few lines that come out and run in hidden areas to the Engine and Lights up front. I hope to be able to hide most of them so under nornal examination you will not be able to see them. That is why I shaved the engine compartment. I wanted it to be very neat and tidy... I am using a Haltech

E11v2 for the engine managment so there is really not much for a factory harness up front.

Battery will be relocated to the back and either installed in one of the storage compartments or all the way in the back. If you notice there is no filler area for the Gas tank and no antenna for the Radio either. I have a cool plan for the both of those, I will save that for a secret untill I get closer and can show pictures.

Jeff

• 1 year later...