IGNORED

What's in YOUR garage?

Arne

The pic is too small, but it looks great!
It gets slightly bigger if you click it, but not a lot. It's and old pic from before digital, and my scanner sucks.

Yeah, the car turned out great. I drove it daily year-round for several years after I finished it. But unlike the Z, an old MG is rather crude, even by the standards of its era. A fine Sunday picnic car, but not as enjoyable to drive as the Z is.

Thanks! LOL British Racing Green is just perfect for a Healey. I remember that car when I was 5. Dad would pull it out of the garage roaring to life. I had to hold my ears! We'd go for a drive and I'd be all buckled in the rear jump seat, wind just pounding on my face as he spiritedly drove down the road..... Such a shame he parked it in 76 for a rusty floorboard and a brake job!!!! It's never been fired up since.. He was the Second owner of her in 1965! A plan is in the works! Trust me, she will rot no more!

Great story - reminds me of my dad and I in his '67 AH 3000 MkIII. Just like you, I sat in the jump seat, excited like a puppy dog going for a walk.

One of my favorite stories of me as a child happened with that car. My dad was always tinkering with his "toys", and was shocked (and rightly angered) to find his 2 or 3 year old son (me) banging the back of the Healey with a garden rake. After a nice spank on the butt and the follow on tears, he asked me what I was doing. I responded that I was "fixing, like Daddy!".

Oh, and continuing the Brit car thing - in my garage:

post-10133-14150805622692_thumb.jpg

I am jealous RX sleeper, now that is a "shop". I just have a 3 car garage that I try and use effeciently. I actually have 3 cars in there now. My daily driver which is a 2005 Subaru Baja Turbo and my wifes car a 2005 Subaru Forester Turbo(don't know why I got her a turbo-she never uses it). And of course, last but not least, my 71 Z. I probably have a whole another Z upstairs in the garage attic, plus a mini barn with more Z stuff. Usually when the weather breaks the Subies get kicked out for projects like the one I just finished on Derks 71Z. Hopefully the projects keep coming so my garage always looks busy and impressive:classic:

Side note: the next house will have a detached garage -no exceptions. My last big gargae was 24X28 detached and I wish I had it back. I never heard statements like ,"what's that awful smell-have you been painting or something". I can't do anything chemical with an attached garage in the winter-it sucks!

post-7622-14150805623068_thumb.jpg

Great story - reminds me of my dad and I in his '67 AH 3000 MkIII. Just like you, I sat in the jump seat, excited like a puppy dog going for a walk.

One of my favorite stories of me as a child happened with that car. My dad was always tinkering with his "toys", and was shocked (and rightly angered) to find his 2 or 3 year old son (me) banging the back of the Healey with a garden rake. After a nice spank on the butt and the follow on tears, he asked me what I was doing. I responded that I was "fixing, like Daddy!".

Oh, and continuing the Brit car thing - in my garage:

NICE XKE!!!!

Great story! As a child, I was forbidden from the workshop and garage so I probably would of done the same thing.... I must of been around 10 before I was allowed in! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Ever since I saw this Snap On calendar girl pinned to an aircraft resto project I've wanted her for my shop.:love::love: I recently lucked out and got a cutout of the original calendar from the late 80's-early 90's. For Christmas I got the hottie in the form of an original Snap On clock! The clock photo came out funny due to the lighting. It's actually almost as clear as the day it was made!

Nothing near as nice as the previous posts but a nice addition to the shop. :)

post-12438-14150805751809_thumb.jpg

post-12438-14150805752294_thumb.jpg

Edited by JimmyZ