IGNORED

Sneak peak of the 2009 370Z

I read yesterday (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121807669397319543.html?mod=djemITP)

Chrysler is in negotiation with Nissan to have cars built for them. They stated that the chasis and engines would be the same but the cars would be designed differently. Maybe with the Chrysler design team...Viper blood and the Charger, and new Challenger retro designs they would be interested in the retro 240Z. Since Nissan can't get the new designs right...

Anyone know anyone at Chrysler to send the drawings to??LOL

...If any recent Z design is considered fail, by that token the Charger/Challenger got lost on the way to the test... (with, god willing most anything else Chrysler makes nowadays). I'm glad that on reading that article there is no evidence of anyone contemplating a Z that has anything to do with Mopar.

I prefer the teaming of Nissan with Renault, who at least occasionally stab at innovation, goddammit (and symbiotically, Nissan is probably actually helping Renault make a few of those innovations actually WORK ROFL)

• 1 month later...

I definitely like that better than the 350z. They moved the cabin back a bit. Now they need to smooth out that arc on the c-pillar like an Aston Martin or the 240Z. And lose those catfish feelers from the grille. I don't care for the way 370z rolls off the tongue either. 360z sounds crazier, like a spinout car. (destroked) C'mon, punch it out and we'll call it a 380z.

After I sit in one I will know, but visually I am less offended than I was with the 350.
Its the same car as the 350z. A non car guy walking past wouldnt even know the difference... :( ITs still an ugly toad
Strangely enough, I agree with both of these sentiments. There are improvements, but some parts are worse, too. (The head and tail lights suck, IMO.) It is still not a visually compelling design to me, no excitement.

From the side its looks different. If you compare the 350 and 370 side by side, the 370 has a new roofline from the front pillars back, new door shape, side windows are different.

Looks like they have been listening to us and given the side profile a more S30-ish look. The roof line now seems to extend further to the rear of the car, whereas the 350Z's roofline curved down more after the cabin, giving there rear that toad rear end look.

The window shape is more S30, the Z33 looked more Z32. The line that used to run across the top of the guards, door and all the wat to the back of the car is gone, and now the line drops down across the door and kicks up at the end of the door forming that S30-esque rear quarter window.

If the 370Z in the picture wasn't black the differences would be more obvious.. which gives me an idea:

post-1278-14150804851716_thumb.jpg

Found the AutoBlog.com gallery.

Theres a pretty clear picture of what the car looks like. You'll have to guess whats under the black plastic though.

Gallery link:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/nissan-370z-spy-shots/

Also a Video of the disguised car passing a 350Z on a highway in Arizona:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/10/spy-video-nissan-370z-caught-in-arizona/

post-1278-14150804852473_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Camouflage