IGNORED

#279 listed on ebay

Sailor Bob

i just missed buying #273-ish locally about a year ago. ZERO rust, very clean driver, original owner, hubcaps, unmolested..$7300. it was in Hemmings Motor News.

granted he sounds like a stand up guy but it's a high asking price IMO

i just missed buying #273-ish locally about a year ago. ZERO rust, very clean driver, original owner, hubcaps, unmolested..$7300. it was in Hemmings Motor News.

granted he sounds like a stand up guy but it's a high asking price IMO

Was it #237 by chance that you were looking at in NJ? If so, I bought it and it is in decent shape but I would not say unmolested or zero rust. I had to replace the floors and there is a major rust issue in the passenger cowl/firewall that will need to be fixed properly. Of course I paid much less than $7300 for it though, so all in all it was not a bad deal.

-Mike

post-9102-1415080255743_thumb.jpg

post-9102-1415080255767_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150802557894_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150802558033_thumb.jpg

I have a great idea. Offer to buy the car and have Jim (the owner) restore it for you. He can build the selling price into the restoration cost and probably give you a good deal. You can bet that it will be a top notch restoration. Most cars that Jim owns are restoration projects to him, but show winners to most everyone else. He would be the first person I would call if I was looking for a complete restoration.

hey mike!!!. Yes it was in NJ (Linden, if i recall). small world!! i spoke to the owners' son about it and he said there was NO RUST. he sent me detailed pics, and spoke about it in length to me over the phone, but didn't mention the floor issue, even when i specifically asked. he sounded stand up but i guess not. sorry to hear that. i still think you got a good deal!. enjoy it :o)

• 2 weeks later...

She sold for a very respectable price. I wish the new owner Good Luck!...another one saved! I just had a look at the questions & answers. Does anyone else think Chris (26th-Z) is trying to cash in his pipe?ROFL

I was watching this one closely.

It was nice to see it sell for that price. Makes me feel VERY good about the price I paid for 387!

btw: Ill post an update soon on 387. The brakes, struts, master cylinder....and a couple of other basics are currently being updated. I should have her back early next week.