IGNORED

#279 listed on ebay

Sailor Bob

In the case of this Z, I'll keep my refund check in my pocket. Low number notwithsanding, I just don't think this particular one is worth $7500.

Floors, frame rails, rockers, quarter panels, hatch, and hatch jam/top of rear panel very solid and rust free. The only rust I found was driver's side dog leg repair and driver's side lower inner fender. There is a hole the size of a tennis ball. This is the only major rust I found on the car. Battery box is good with some surface rust but other than that no other rust issues.
ROFLROFLROFLROFLDid he take a good look at the pictures he posted?

I appreciate the description & pictures of most of the usual suspect areas. If I bought it I feel I would know exactly what I was getting for my money, overpaying for it or not. :nervous:

I wish other eBay ads were as forthright.

I appreciate the description & pictures of most of the usual suspect areas. If I bought it I feel I would know exactly what I was getting for my money, overpaying for it or not. :nervous:

I wish other eBay ads were as forthright.

...extra fee for the fortright description. :ermm:

his rust free hatch panel

b25e_12.JPG

My, rust free hatch panel

DSC06839.jpg

hmmmm....XP (my car sat outside for probably 10 years exposed to the elements but also, mines a 78, not a 69. 10 years is a big difference)

Edit: For a florida car though, i don't think that's too bad. But still way too much considering the work it would take to really make it rust free

Yuck. That's a high price of admission to the low vin club. That thing needs a total restoration.

I've always wondered this- what makes a "true" low vin? Triple digits or less? What about vin 1000, is that worth less than 999? It's kind of ironic when now a days you're told not to buy a first year car because of all the issues they might have, yet 30 years later they're collectible.

If memory serves, this gentleman is a one of a kind collector, with many very low VIN cars & many Datsuns in all. If I were in the market for another car (& I'm not), I wouldn't be concerned about deceit with this individual. I think he's one of the "good guys" & has great knowledge about our cars. It's probably why his pictures are applicable to those who know where & what to look for.

He may be friends with some visitors to this site I believe. I think I found a website with his cars & how he built a climate controlled garage for them in his back yard. I remember it was an impressive collection.

I could be wrong, that's why I keep saying that "I think" & "I believe" but I have a good feeling that I'm correct.