IGNORED

What came with my Z

JonnyRock

I do still have the cap, however.

Sweet! I wish I still had all that stuff. However, those garmets are so cheaply made. They frayed and came apart at the seams very easilly. They just fell apart. You have to take really good care of them just to make them last. I wouldn't even think of wearing it today.... :)

Sweet! I wish I still had all that stuff. However, those garmets are so cheaply made. They frayed and came apart at the seams very easilly. They just fell apart. You have to take really good care of them just to make them last. I wouldn't even think of wearing it today.... :)
The jackets were flimsy but I've had this hat for a long time and I still wear it occasionally like to car shows, etc.

Exactly. That's where my car was purchased in 1972. Long since gone (the dealer that is, the car is still here)....

I have two original Downtown Seattle Datsun metal license frames (one on each car). They even came with the original paper inserts that say Downtown Datsun.

-Mike

The DATSUN RACING JACKET was designed by Peter Brock and the BRE Racing Team all wore them. They were in turn sold though all the Authorized Datsun Dealers, and were so inexpensive that many Dealers gave them away as promotional items with new car sales.

They could be purchased with or without the zip in lining - which was that red quilted material so common in the 70's for winter wear.

They were also sold by BRE Racing / InterPart - but with a slight difference. The BRE Team Jackets had a large DATSUN patch on the rear - where the Dealer items did not.

I still have mine - it is in very good shape - but sadly I am not - so it no longer fits me.

The good news is that BRE is planing to reproduce them...

Of course you can wear your's - Pictured below is Chris (aka 26th Z) wearing his at the 12 Hours of Sebring, and standing with Mr. Brock...

An original, still in the bag - might bring some pretty high dollars on E-Bay. I've seen them go for over a hundred dollars in the past.

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150802492204_thumb.jpg

I have two original Downtown Seattle Datsun metal license frames (one on each car). They even came with the original paper inserts that say Downtown Datsun.

-Mike

Very nice! They would look very good on my Z, what with all the chrome and all.... :D

• 1 year later...

I found one of these jackets with the lining on eBay today http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=260433922455. The model was kind of cute too :love:.

Also attaching a couple of pictures of the jacket from a 1973 Interpart Catalog.

The good news is that BRE is planing to reproduce them...

Carl, have you heard any more about BRE reproducing these?

-Mike

post-9102-14150807623605_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150807624157_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150807624631_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150807625102_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150807625576_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150807626054_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150807626531_thumb.jpg

post-9102-14150807626917_thumb.jpg

Hi Mike:

You got a DEAL on that one~~!!

Haven't heard any more from Gayle about the reproductions. I sent her pictures of the one I have last year. BRE does have a newer style BRE Jacket that they sell, so maybe they gave up on the reproduction..

FWIW,

Carl B.