IGNORED

Watanabe Lip Restoraton Pointers?

ShinHed

The wheels lips have minor curbage and despite what "friends" think of them, I love them and I think they're the crowning jewel for the resto of my 240.....sx:cheeky:

I was thinking of mounting them and spinning them while the sand paper and or steel wool remained stationary, in an effort to make'em shine. Opinions?

Wheels

Picture3011.jpg

Picture3012.jpg

Car

102_0198.jpg

Mounting them to a rear wheel and jacking up the back end of the car in the air works fine-but do not use steel wool! It can and does leave dust in the alloy and will cause rust spots. Using an aluminum oxide paper is fine, I would use the finest that will do the job, then go finer, then use some rouge on the rim and finally clean it thoroughly and either coat it with clear or use a pase finish protector.

Will

despite what "friends" think of them, I love them and I think they're the crowning jewel for the resto of my 240.....sx:cheeky:

And you are correct, sir. Those Wat RSRs are the proper and fitting (Tadashii?) Silvia wheel. I'd suggest bring them to a pro polish house. I'n my opinion they well worth the expense of a proper polishing and paint.

^

^Most definitely. I plan to get the centers powdered pewter and all fastening hardware replaced.

Mounting.... rouge on the rim and finally clean it thoroughly and either coat it with clear or use a... protector.

Will

Thanks for your swift response. I totally forgot that steel wool is a no-no on aluminum:stupid:

Do you recommend any particular clear?

• 2 months later...

Today I picked up my centers from my incompetent powder man (who recently got fired). It took 2-months for them to get'em right. The first time he powdered over the old primer leaving these booger-like specks around the bolt holes and other fasteners. After prompting, they decided to media blast them. I have no pictures of them getting blasted, polished or powder coated but, I do have the before and after. The color is "Quaker Bronze".

P.S: I'm still looking for fasteners.

Before:rolleyes:

102_0501.jpg

102_0502.jpg

102_0508.jpg

After:love:

100_0672.jpg

100_0675.jpg

100_0679.jpg

100_0680.jpg

Later

102_0510.jpg