IGNORED

The making of reproduction parts.

hls30.com

You are most welcome-I publicly apologize for the HUGE delay and have cleared up the issues contributing to it.

On the strips-I'll put a bug in his ear and he will Pm you...he is working on making this a formal service and I don't want to steal his thunder...He does an outstanding job for a very reasonable price-shipping is just high!

Will

• 2 months later...

Hey Will, I forgot to ask if those silicone terminal boots ever came out ok or if you've had time to make any. I'm talking about the ones for the fusable link connectors on the starter, alternator and power terminals on the inside of the car at the start of the engine harness.

If the price is right, I'll take 10 asap.

Let me know.

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...
Bryan,

I have a set of NOS hatch Hinge Seals that I verified fit and have made molds from-so I am on hold until i find a suitable material that will not have the same issues as the original material.

The Heater control panel I considered casting in Aluminum and polishing/annodizing

to make it a permanent piece-too technologoically advanced for my home shop, but I will find a company...

The Door panel chrome strips are restorable-at least one member here offers that service.

I had not considered the bumpers for the door release lever because the escutcheon panels (the part that holds the bumpers) were only $10 Each from Nissan last time i checked, and the bumpers come installed.

Will

Will: I am in desperate need of a pair of hatch hinge seals. Do you have any idea as to when you will have some available for sale?

Warren

Will: I am in desperate need of a pair of hatch hinge seals. Do you have any idea as to when you will have some available for sale?

Warren

It will be a while longer, I am still experimenting with materials to find an appropriate one to make a truly lasting and re-useable part...

I would rather make these parts right once than several times wrong.:)

Will

• 4 months later...

Warren

It will be a while longer, I am still experimenting with materials to find an appropriate one to make a truly lasting and re-useable part...

I would rather make these parts right once than several times wrong.:)

Will

Will,

I will use a question about Warren's hatch hinge seal query as an excuse to bump this thread for an update.

Do you know if these hatch hinge seals were painted, or left black or clear plastic, originally? My opinion would be that the hinges and seals were installed and painted with the rest of the car, except the hatch itself which was painted separately off of the car. It is rare that I have seen an original finished car, and then, didn't thing to look.

Looking forward to seeing a steady stream of your repros when your process get rolling. Thanks for all that you do and contribute.

Dan

Dan, I don't seem to have any pictures of the ones I still have packed away in a box somewhere, at least not on my computer here at work. But from memory, both the red and yellow cars were similar. The hinge pocket seals were apparently inserted into the body pockets, the hinges attached, and then the body was painted. In both cases on my cars, the only paint on the pocket seals was around the outside lip where it was not covered by the hinge. The metal seal reinforcement plates had the typical yellow-gold cad finish.

I have never seen an original Z any way other than Arne has noted -but lets get some other experiences.

BTW,

It won't be too long before most of what is in this thread (and a healthy number of things that aren't) are available, and all of that will be introduced here first(in more ways than one)!

Will